Postings in central england

Discussion in 'REME' started by 432masterblaster, Jan 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly I have never posted on this site before so would like to say a big warm fuzzy hello to all users. Im sure that any welcomes back from you all will have me touching myself.

Now before I get carried away I shall get to the point,
    I am due posting within the next year and am pretty sure that this next post will be my last due to personal reasons so I am wanting a posting near to the midlands or surrounding area if possible. I have, however, no idea what units are in that area or how to get information on units locations or what they are scaled for (for checking whether a post will be available ect).
    Does anyone know how I can get this info on which units are based in or around the midlands and what they are scaled for, I am a VM S/sgt and not in my last 3 years.

Any info or help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

2. 30 Sigs Nuneaton?

3. Thats the only one I know!!!!

Many thanks though.

4. 22 Sigs Stafford.

5. Cow

Cow LE

Shrewsbury (HQ and Inf?)
    Telford (ABRO I think)
    Bicester

Could all be the same place checking the map!

6. 174 Pro Coy, 3 RMP at Donnington! :D Also there are 2 x RLC Regiments at Abingdon, Oxfordshire.

Berlin

7. Any ideas where i could get a map from cow?

8. Lichfield is depot the Prince of Wales Division, or was last time i knew what they were called.

9. Cow

Cow LE

www.army.mod.uk for unit locations
    and www.google.co.u for map

Not easy if your not sure where your looking but should be plenty of suggestions here soon I'm sure

10. School of Ammo used to have a SSgt Wheelbarrow Tech, you would need to confirm the post still exists.

The post is at Kineton which is in the Banbury/Leamington Spa/Warwick Area - 40 mins from Birmingham.

11. Loads of TA postings as well for a SNCO. 126 Coy REME, 4 Mercian, 35 Sigs, 37 Sigs, ?? Engrs in B'ham, the list is endless.

12. try a posting with the monkies, spent 2 drunken years there and loved it. (158 in bulford)

each company has 2 X full screws/lance jacks there and at the HQ a stripey.

never worked a friday and didnt do duties, not to mention 40p a shot in the mess.

you get any grief off em and the stripey cant help, you go right to the BEME, really is worth thinking about

13. I hear the staffy in the wksp at sigs in Redditch has signed off. worth a sniff.

14. 432 check your PM!

15. am i being really thick but what is PM
    sorry if im being dim