Postings Help?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by strumpet, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question but is there any way that you can find out what postings are available without speaking to manning records?

Currently involved in a game of "pass the book" with the UWO and Records and would appreciate any advice on this.

2. It all depends on what rank you are and what trade. The definitive lists are held by MCM Div - and remember that things change so quickly!

If you hold a commission, then the lists of E1 and E2 jobs are regularly published.

For Warrant Officers and seniors, ask your contemporaries. I have seen a couple of unofficial lists circulating, but they are quickly out of date.

For Juniors - only MCM Div will know.

Your best route is your RCMO - their job is to advise you and talk to Glasgow. They will also be best placed to advise your boss! The UWO is not really the man for career postings!

3. Manning and records Dont know there ass from there elbow
    Have just been informed that the post they where desperate to fill by December actually doesnt exist if they cant get it right well!!!!!!
  4. Go onto the Army Portal on the Defence Intranet and look for the Drop Down menu from the top tool bar listing the "MS site, that will take you to the Military Secretariat Site at APC, on the right hand side you will see a menu detailing Regt's/Corps, choose the relevant, then Soldier Postings (or such like), and see if they have lists published there (by rank), I know that the AGC do.
  5. Thanks for all replies, issue has now been resolved - without the help of manning records! Surprise Surprise! lol