Postings Dilemma

Evening Ladies and Gents!

Well the time has nearly come for me to leave the lovely place that is Keogh Barracks. I have had a posting brief but instead of making things clear it has just confused me more and more, I can't seem to decide where to go! Just a few questions to ask if anyone can help me at all -

1. Will going to a Field Hospital over a Med Regt as my first posting hold me back at all?

2. What is the accommodation/facilities like at 33 and 34? PAYD etc..

I know these are quite trivial but if anyone can help that would be gleaming!

Thanks in advance!

STR

CD05

Old-Salt
Evening Ladies and Gents!

Well the time has nearly come for me to leave the lovely place that is Keogh Barracks. I have had a posting brief but instead of making things clear it has just confused me more and more, I can't seem to decide where to go! Just a few questions to ask if anyone can help me at all -

1. Will going to a Field Hospital over a Med Regt as my first posting hold me back at all?

2. What is the accommodation/facilities like at 33 and 34? PAYD etc..

I know these are quite trivial but if anyone can help that would be gleaming!

Thanks in advance!

STR
Germany based medical units are the next out on tour so I would hedge a bet that your PPP will be considered however you shouldn't be surprised to find yourself heading over there.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Going to a Fd Hosp will not hold you back....it's only your performance when you get there that might do that.

Med Regt & Fd Hosp may be different roles (obviously), but going to one or the other will not have a detrimental effect on your career. A good CMT will shine wherever they are posted.

34 is PAYD. The accommodation has recently been spruced up a little. It is definitely not SLAM but all rooms are now bunks and have been refurbed. Can't talk about 33 I'm afraid.

DCR

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Jobs (Discussion) 31
F REME 36
Sam_Fisher Aviation 31