Postings Dilemma

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by stab_to_reg_1991, Jul 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening Ladies and Gents!

Well the time has nearly come for me to leave the lovely place that is Keogh Barracks. I have had a posting brief but instead of making things clear it has just confused me more and more, I can't seem to decide where to go! Just a few questions to ask if anyone can help me at all -

1. Will going to a Field Hospital over a Med Regt as my first posting hold me back at all?

2. What is the accommodation/facilities like at 33 and 34? PAYD etc..

I know these are quite trivial but if anyone can help that would be gleaming!

Thanks in advance!

STR

2. Germany based medical units are the next out on tour so I would hedge a bet that your PPP will be considered however you shouldn't be surprised to find yourself heading over there.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. Going to a Fd Hosp will not hold you back....it's only your performance when you get there that might do that.

Med Regt & Fd Hosp may be different roles (obviously), but going to one or the other will not have a detrimental effect on your career. A good CMT will shine wherever they are posted.

34 is PAYD. The accommodation has recently been spruced up a little. It is definitely not SLAM but all rooms are now bunks and have been refurbed. Can't talk about 33 I'm afraid.

DCR

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

33 is in Gosport, so must a bonus over Preston and Catterick.