posting

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by drilly, Aug 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for a posting to a Med Regt That has good seniors and not arse-lickers who are only interested in themselfs, any suggestions?

2. I'd currently recommend 4 GS in Aldershot, 5 GS has a new CO in bound (say no more) 1 CS Munster, although good for LOA and cheap stuff has a very low morale issue at the moment and 3 CS you can read about on this site. 16 CS is always a good choice, obviously this is only my honest opinion.

3. Drilly, the posting is what YOU decide to make it. anyone can blame others for a crap unit but how many actually try to make changes?

That being said,

4. arent the best SNCOs the ones who are also interested in their troops and the unit?

5. Take another read of the original statement FF. I think you may have mis-read it. Perhaps Drilly should have used better punctuation.

6. I think you read it right FF i am interested in a unit where teamwork is the order of the day. MM i take it from your interpretation that a pat on the back is a recce for a knife! Just the type of unit & personnel that i wish to avoid.

7. Yep, you want to stay well clear of medman's lot! :D (Just kidding!)

8. OI Ya cheeky bleeder

and you think your lot are any better hehehehe

9. Not that the question is loaded at all...

It sounds like drilly has had a bad experience. Diddums. Every posting is what you make of it and I've never known a regiment that has only "arse-lickers who are only interested in themselfs" any more than I've known a regt that has none of this breed. Of course, one man's arrse-licking is another man's tactical sycophancy and having the right Offr or WO on-side at a crucial moment can mean the difference between whether or not a troop gets that adventure training/leave/event/sports afternoon on the golf course.

Meanwhile, here's an alternative question:

"I'm a Med Regt looking for talented young medics who aren't whingeing spongers - any suggestions?"

IF

10. Meanwhile, here's an alternative question:

"I'm a Med Regt looking for talented young medics who aren't whingeing spongers - any suggestions?"

IF[/quote]

What a superb statement IF, drilly your response is .........

11. Sounds like my type of place, if it's talent you are after then i'm willing to transfer trades and go to that young Med Regt. P.s Will that Med Regt have the X Factor.

12. All Med Regts have the X factor, WRVS lounge big screen TV Saturday nights. Take your pipe and slippers.