Posting to the RAC from AUOTC.

Discussion in 'RAC' started by maddogwhitey, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jjkfdhdfh

2. 2RTR and SDG are both mint.

3. Have known a few lads from 2RTR over the years, good blokes. Was in basic training while SDG were in Catterick, good blokes. There you go..........toss a coin !

4. RTR go RTR mate good bunch and bloody good at there job .

5. cheers guys. im not choosing regiments just yet (although 2rtr sounds like a good crack....something about black uniforms..dunno) anywho, i was asking more about the specifics of these summer postings...anyone know what i am might be doing? I know what i would like to be doing (crawling all over a chally pressing every button i can find, giggling like a school girl the whole way.. but i sense this is somewhat unlikley.)

6. dude I'm pretty sure that one of the chaps from your UOTC unit went on an attachment with the QRH in the summer of 2004...

7. if you really want to know why don't you just phone the unit of your chioce or appointment and ask them what they wil be up to and what your role may be

8. Pretty busy around the summer but sigsstore is right the best thing to do is give puzzle palace a bell and see what could be in the pipeline for ya. But 2nd tanks are a great bunch and very good at there job too. Oh by the way is that a pic of a s.p freak!

9. Hi - I knew a bloke that spent a year with the German Army as part of his German course - he loved it !! The crack is the attachement will be exactly what you make of it - get stuck in and use your initative is my advice. He did every interesting course in the German Army and had an utter riot (the highlight was raising the Iraeli flag ove their barracks on VE day morning - they just don't get British Army humour!). They will look after you but you will need to get syuck in at ll times.

RSDG are utterly fantastic but pretty posh and slightly exclusive (thier mess kit will set you back £8k....not something you'd want to add to your student debts!). But likewise the RTR are fantastic as well. Either way you will ride the Chally2.....mmmm!!

Go for it my son and get stuck in - even if it is a disapointment you have nothing to loose as you'd only spend the summer working at dixon's in abderdeen for £5 per hour!! And you will get a great taste for army life and the RAC; which will help you make your long term career decision about the army, sandhurst, what regiment etc. etc.....

Good Luck and dont let this one pass you by.

10. Hi - I knew a bloke that spent a year with the German Army as part of his German course - he loved it !! The crack is the attachement will be exactly what you make of it - get stuck in and use your initative is my advice. He did every interesting course in the German Army and had an utter riot (the highlight was raising the Iraeli flag ove their barracks on VE day morning - they just don't get British Army humour!). They will look after you but you will need to get syuck in at ll times.

RSDG are utterly fantastic but pretty posh and slightly exclusive (thier mess kit will set you back £8k....not something you'd want to add to your student debts!). But likewise the RTR are fantastic as well. Either way you will ride the Chally2.....mmmm!!

Go for it my son and get stuck in - even if it is a disapointment you have nothing to loose as you'd only spend the summer working at dixon's in abderdeen for £5 per hour!! And you will get a great taste for army life and the RAC; which will help you make your long term career decision about the army, sandhurst, what regiment etc. etc.....

Good Luck and dont let this one pass you by.

11. Yeah, you said.

12. Depends on you mate. If you like the thought of being a cavalryman and having 300 years of tradition (and all that comes with it) in one of the world's most famous regiments - do your placement with the SDG's. I have a mate who's a major there and he can advise you when he comes back off Telic.

As QRH BG is taking over on Telic 8 I doubt a placement there would be any more exciting than scrubbing bazooka plates on rear party.

If on the other hand you want to join 2 RTR then fine go ahead. There's nothing wrong with being a tankie (oh sh1t, I'll never live it down saying that). There's less bullsh1t but the cameraderie is the same.

I live in West Lothian and I'd be quite happy to arrange a chat with you by phone or have a coffee in my club if you're ever in town.

Just make sure you weigh up what you want because placement is supposed to settle you on a regiment.

13. Get someone from your OTC to phone the Adjt from one of the RAC units in Germany which are:

QDG Osnabruck
    RDG Munster
    2RTR Fally
    Scots DG Fally
    QRH Paderborn

Remember though that QRH are outbound on Ops

Scots DG are returning from Ops

It is very difficult to get you on an armoured ex in a panzer, but you can do everything else pretty much.

Go RDG all the way

14. Yes go RDG and go nowhere , thats why they are called the Rarely Deployed Guards.