Posting to Belize!!!!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Going back to your original question - at the time I seem to recall I easily lived off my LOA which would have been between £200-300 per month. The exchange rate is about the same now at 3:1.
A bottle of Belican was set at $1 and the local rum - Crystal was approx. £3. Going rate at Rosies was £10ish if that's your thing.
Bloody Hell! £200 to £300 a month! Makes our fifty pence a day Op Banner money look a bit puny! I can well remember how 'chuffed' the boys were to get the £3.50 per week. It was always left as credits to draw for R and R.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I remember standing at a mess bar and a chap came in with his wife and declared he was going to belize. We were just back and he asked for the gen. He was with his wife and he got the following reply. " Bloody awful place, stinking and with swamps and moquitoes in mass"

His wife left to talk with someone else, then with enthusiam he was told the truth; " Bloody wonderful place, discos every night. women galore and cheap beer, work finishes about 1pm every day!"