Posting to Belize!!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by closeammunition, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there peps.
    Was wondering if anyone can give me some helpful advice.
    I have been warned of that i will deploying to Belize for 6 months unaccompanied, and was wondering if any one may be so kind as to advise me on the pay bonuses out there .............. eg LOA, LSA ect ect .........thankyou for you help!!!
  2. Lucky ******, good ol british honduras, make sure you bring the scuba gear and SPF 100!
  3. Should be there just in time to hand everything in and ship it all home or to Keenyah post SDSR.
  4. Take it you're in 11 reg

Have you been confirmed as going or are you just on the shortlist?
  5. Don't forget the DEET/Jungle formula.
    Question to anyone who's been recently - Is the Harrier that was left at the airport still there?
    I was on the team from 1563 flt that put it there back in '95. Happy days.
  6. Enjoy Rosies ;)
  7. why are you?
  8. Going back to your original question - at the time I seem to recall I easily lived off my LOA which would have been between £200-300 per month. The exchange rate is about the same now at 3:1.
    A bottle of Belican was set at $1 and the local rum - Crystal was approx. £3. Going rate at Rosies was £10ish if that's your thing.
  9. Raoul's Rose Garden+Charcoal Rum+Belikin Beer=A trip to the medic to treat your, er, tropical disease. Happy days. Allegedly.
  10. Anyone that can't spell an abreviation correctly deserves all they get?

Take condoms for Rauls if it is still open.
  11. Used to sign them out at the guardroom. They were really funny about taking them back for some reason.
  12. I was shortlisted but I assume you have been confirmed as going!

Typical 11 EOD Regt, I have to find out what's going via ARRSE or Facebook :)
  13. To true 11 hasn't got the best track record .................. if it serves me right there are 2 x 6 monthers and about 10 x 4 weekers going at the mo............ i have been shortlisted, but told i am getting one of the 6 monthers?!?!?!
  14. How about people who can't spell abbreviation? ;-)
  15. If you get a 6 monther and I get a month, give me a shout if you want to swap :D

after all you are married and in 11 reg that means you don't have to do any tours or detachments if you don't want to ;)