Posting to Belize!!!!

Hi there peps.
Was wondering if anyone can give me some helpful advice.
I have been warned of that i will deploying to Belize for 6 months unaccompanied, and was wondering if any one may be so kind as to advise me on the pay bonuses out there .............. eg LOA, LSA ect ect .........thankyou for you help!!!

Lucky ******, good ol british honduras, make sure you bring the scuba gear and SPF 100!

Don't forget the DEET/Jungle formula.
Question to anyone who's been recently - Is the Harrier that was left at the airport still there?
I was on the team from 1563 flt that put it there back in '95. Happy days.

Going back to your original question - at the time I seem to recall I easily lived off my LOA which would have been between £200-300 per month. The exchange rate is about the same now at 3:1.
A bottle of Belican was set at $1 and the local rum - Crystal was approx. £3. Going rate at Rosies was £10ish if that's your thing.

To true 11 hasn't got the best track record .................. if it serves me right there are 2 x 6 monthers and about 10 x 4 weekers going at the mo............ i have been shortlisted, but told i am getting one of the 6 monthers?!?!?!

To true 11 hasn't got the best track record .................. if it serves me right there are 2 x 6 monthers and about 10 x 4 weekers going at the mo............ i have been shortlisted, but told i am getting one of the 6 monthers?!?!?!
If you get a 6 monther and I get a month, give me a shout if you want to swap :D

after all you are married and in 11 reg that means you don't have to do any tours or detachments if you don't want to ;)

I was there in 2007 over November and December. Lovely weather. Best experience of my Army career. Rauls was pretty good until the officers turned up pissed ... left at that point and had a few beers closer to camp. Would go back at the drop of a hat.

Don't forget the DEET/Jungle formula.
Question to anyone who's been recently - Is the Harrier that was left at the airport still there?
I was on the team from 1563 flt that put it there back in '95. Happy days.
Yes mate it was there three weeks ago when I dropped a friend off.

Couple of months ago me and the missus were sitting in Mr Greedy's in San Ignacio when this ugly old bloke and a pretty young lady asked if they could share the table, due to lack of space. Turns out it was Raul himself.

Used to sign them out at the guardroom. They were really funny about taking them back for some reason.
I remember being Guard Commander and with F-all to at 1 in the morning, you'd sit there with a paper clip randomly stabbing the box. But apprently it was a common practice, so I was not alone.