Posting Threads

It annoys me that people join the site, contribute nothing and fire off shit petitions, idiotic threads and the obvious spam. They don’t get involved in the thread they started and are never seen again.

There seems to be an assumption that ARRSE is a rabid crowd happy to jump on any shitshow that’s presented.

Is it possible to block a user from posting threads until they have reached a set number of posts? I was thinking 100 posts. This would reduce the workload on the Mods as there would be less spam to remove and less having to manage threads and/or move them to their appropriate location.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It annoys me that people join the site, contribute nothing and fire off shit petitions, idiotic threads and the obvious spam. They don’t get involved in the thread they started and are never seen again.

There seems to be an assumption that ARRSE is a rabid crowd happy to jump on any shitshow that’s presented.

Is it possible to block a user from posting threads until they have reached a set number of posts? I was thinking 100 posts. This would reduce the workload on the Mods as there would be less spam to remove and less having to manage threads and/or move them to their appropriate location.
Excellent idea. Assumption that place full of wimmin hating, racist, tranny bashers.
join here expecting some angry replies that seldom happens and they’re likely to get it themselves.

Maybe limit new members to starting a thread in the introduce yourself part of the site.
Then maybe as dingerr suggests.
If the new member does want to start a thread for something, then maybe a quick message to a Mod explaining why.

Excellent idea. Assumption that place full of wimmin hating, racist, tranny bashers.
join here expecting some angry replies that seldom happens and they’re likely to get it themselves.
Devils advocate mode:- I disagree, as stated on other threads, the MSM MOD and MP's peruse these hallowed halls, gleaning information, thoughts and comments that might possibly influence policy and minor law changes. The MOD most certainly do, and any contentious wittering's by the throbbers who occasionally mash the keyboards all have in some small way, mirror the populations thoughts and feelings.

By all means veto and ROP them, and a PM to tell them their fortune would not come amiss, but a complete ban, only in extreme cases. :confused:

Devils advocate mode, off.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm with siggy on this. There are some new posters who bring absolute crap and don't bring anything to the site, but there are others who have. If they come on, post once then feck oft, then we won't be bothered by them again.

Anyway, some of the flaming they get is cruel, but absolutely hilarious.

Maybe limit new members to starting a thread in the introduce yourself part of the site.
Then maybe as dingerr suggests.
If the new member does want to start a thread for something, then maybe a quick message to a Mod explaining why.
With 5,000,000 hits a month............? :eek:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Surely that is a defining character of the site.

I know someone who could knock up an HTML script to get round that.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Then thinking about it I’ve just remembered a site where I’d to post so many times so:-
Post1
Post2
Post3
Etc.

Has this been considered before or am I a certifiable genius?

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I'm afraid you're not the first old boy.

"At 30 days "Billy-Bob" new member can then post on existing topics only. If nothing else, this would hopefully get us away from Billy-Bob wanting to make a name for himself, by posting a new thread on ARRSE about a military story in the news, that he hasn't been arrsed to look for and already exists - the idea of the first thirty days, is to also to "educate" Billy-Bob on what's being discussed on ARRSE currently.

Assuming that Billy-Bob isn't a complete chod when responding to posts, at 90 days give him the ability to submit new threads on the forums."

6th December 2009. Cocks & Nobbers thread.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I'm afraid you're not the first old boy.

"At 30 days "Billy-Bob" new member can then post on existing topics only. If nothing else, this would hopefully get us away from Billy-Bob wanting to make a name for himself, by posting a new thread on ARRSE about a military story in the news, that he hasn't been arrsed to look for and already exists - the idea of the first thirty days, is to also to "educate" Billy-Bob on what's being discussed on ARRSE currently.

Assuming that Billy-Bob isn't a complete chod when responding to posts, at 90 days give him the ability to submit new threads on the forums."

6th December 2009. Cocks & Nobbers thread. @ABrighter2006

Therefore it must be a fantastic idea.

Surely it would save you work (although I‘m sure we could fill the gap).

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did they post it twice then?
200.gif

I do smile when sub EDL mouthbreathers join and post some inflammatory bolleaux, expecting to find like minded souls, and then rapidly get shot to bits...

Latest Threads