Posting Quick Reply

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by HHH, Sep 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

When posting from the "quick reply" box it takes longer than usual and before it posts I get the "Are you sure you want to leave this page" box and have to click yes to finish posting.

2. I've had this issue once in a while. It appears to come and go.

3. I end up double posting when that happens

4. I heard you the first time FFS!

5. My PC is so fast, i first read this in 1935 when my grandpa was still avoiding school.

Doc Brown is a **** though. He never gave me Biff's book and never told Marty he would get parkinsons.

You wanna see Marty McFly do his guitar solos now though. Makes Cap'n beefheart sound like a monotone drone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Same here. Comes and goes in the same browsing session.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I have an inkling what may be happening here and I did see it myself once or twice a few days ago but the problem seems to have cleared for me - I can't make it happen any more.

Can anyone see any common factor when it happens? Is it for example when more than one browser window is being used to browse ARRSE, or in long messages where there is a comparatively long gap between starting the post and actually posting/

8. Has happened to me a few times very recently, once or twice yesterday.

Short messages, either "Quick Reply" or "Reply With Quote", in response to short messages. Nothing lengthy.

Also, putting a pic in reply seems to be playing up; once URL pasted in and OK pressed, occasionally long, long pause before it works or, occasionally, seems not to work. Must repeat process until it eventually works.

Maybe faults have something in common? (Other than me being shite with computers.)

Added: Sometimes it appears picture not uploaded, but then it appears in message anyway...

9. HHH

HHH LE

No long post by me as I use the "go advanced" when posting anything over a line and when using any pics.

10. HHH

HHH LE

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

and you had the problem on all of those?

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

just had it myself. Notably after not using the site for 20 minutes or so but sitting with a thread open

13. HHH

HHH LE

Not all, but from what I remember it happened a couple of times ( on some of those threads) and that is why I started the thread.

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks. What I'm trying to do is work out what is different on the occasions when it happens. One option is just to disable it altogether. We managed without an automated check for years and I think it might have saved me from losing a post once since we've had it, buy irritated me many more times.

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Last few days I have posted my Words of Wisdom and got this as a pop-up...

editor.JPG

I tend to copy my post then hit 'Leave this page'. When I Refresh, there is my post just like normal.

Is it something I have said?

• Like Like x 1