Posting Preferences Orders

Discussion in 'RLC' started by richie216, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the point of them the desk officer for the Supply trade does not listen to where you want to go. Just plucks random postings out of thin air and post you. Doesn't read why maybe you require to stay in a certain area possibly for welfare reasons!!! Onces the decision is made on your posting how do you contest the decision????? Then how do you complain about a desk officer??? This one has had his time and he requires to move on to pastures new. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Why is there still alot of problems with merging the corps into the RLC still alot of trade problems with each other. Maybe if desk officers talked to each other posts could be filled correctly.

2. The desk officer is a goon and needs sacking. He's fecked a lot of my boys postings up!!!!!

Edit: Maybe a bit too strong!!!!

3. How do you go against a posting :? :? :? :? And indeed how do raise a complaint against a desk officer :? :? :? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

4. It's a long drawn out process involving your OC, 2IC, RCMO etc. all to get the reply of 'The needs of the Service'!!!!!!

5. A posting order is exactly that, an order. If you don't like it tough -see it as a challenge and work round it.

Don't get a bag on, get a mag on and stag on!

6. Steady! Its not me, but be aware, MCM Div have a permanent presence here, careful what you wish for.....Malaise, over to you

7. PM me the detials and I will sort the fecker out (supply desk officer).

Either that or I'll cut you off at the knees for being a bell throb.

Let me know who you are then (by PM) and I'll get 'on the case.'

8. Don't think it's restrictred to the supply desk officer, can't say i'm delighted withours either. As for RCMO's, a pointless existence if ever there was one!

9. General Malaise,

Thanks for the offer but all our grievences are being staffed through the CoC. I'd like to see how that pans out first before using any other route. I hope I won't have to PM you about this as my CoC seems pretty strong at the minute.

In heinsight my first post wasn't very tactful and for that I apologise.

Wool, My RCMO is spot on, but as with all jobs the quality varies with the person.

10. what do you suggest as an alternative?

11. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

One of those Bingo machines, or better still something in perspex like what they have on that there National Lottery telly show.

I don't think we even have a RCMO and the desk officer is off sick or was it golf?

12. :x :x :x :x The point that i am trying to get over in this forum is why when we are promoted, do desk officers have the cheek to ask for a PPP :?: :?: Why don't they just say we find the best post for you, doesn't matter whether you are married with children who are settled in there environment :oops: :oops: IT's THE NEEDS OF THE ARMY FIRST MY LAD :? :? So how come the infantry can stay in an area for many years but good old Corp blokes get messed around from post to post. What if you have a genuine reason to stay in a location ie medical in the family grounds :!: :!: What then :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

13. Because it's a preference - where you would like to go, they are only asking and you don't have to submit one. If you do submit one and don't get your preferences then that's too bad.

You are quite right - the MS Binding Principle: the needs of the army must come first.

The infantry are on a different movements plot to the RLC and that's the reason (amongst others) that they stay and you don't.

If you have a genuine medical reason to stay in one place then the army will give it appropriate consideration before posting you - they will have to, because it will be a forseable and avoidable drain on resources if you were constantly having to be shipped halfway across the country at public expense where you could have stayed local.

The same pretty much goes for your family - but it would have to be a good case e.g. a special needs child.

14. If you have a genuine medical reason to stay in one place then the army will give it appropriate consideration before posting you - they will have to, because it will be a forseable and avoidable drain on resources if you were constantly having to be shipped halfway across the country at public expense where you could have stayed local.

Sammy

THEY dont have to do anything, THEY are a law to themselves.

I have had to take two posting which I asked to be reconsidered, (one I went unaccompanied for 2 years) due to my wifes medical condition. Despite having letters from the doctor and surgeon who operated on her, THEY still decided that it was in the needs of the army or some other b00llox that they came out with. I even gave them a solution to thier manning problem on both occasions, as there were other people suitabily qualified for the positions willing to go at short notice, with no strings.

During the 2 years unaccompanied I had to return home 3 times due to compasionate reasons as my wife was addmitted to hospital. In the end I eventually got an early posting back - a lot of grief was caused both personnally and at work as other people had to cover when I was away, all because some jobsworth nosher was too pigheaded to listen to reason.

15. Cannot argue with that - you are bang on.