Posting Plots - Craddle to the grave

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by 18yrs_on, Mar 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having come to the time for posting I find that it is very curious that my last posting preference didnt reach MCM Div(Strange)
    But how when ever you ask for a certain posting it never seems available and you get some where you didnt want to go.
    I'm not bothered as I have always gone whereever sent and not really been bothered but it just niggles me ta tha bones. :twisted:

2. I asked for Cyprus as a siggie and was laughed out of the Orderly Room.

Since then I've always asked for Divs and Brigades (where no bugger else tends to want to go) and got them.

At least now I can say I've always had my first choice

Phone MCM Div mate - I've always found them more than accommodating.

3. I to be perfectly honest have had never submittewd a PPP until the rank of Sgt and then didnt expect to get what I put in for.
    This career profile seems to change regularily, it now seems apparent that the TA post and Recruitment posts are becoming the place to go.
    Having served a PSI with the TA I'm glad to have that one out of the way.
    But next stop Sig Regt how hard can that be????
    It happens for some people the scenario of neing realistic and using the RCMO to find out whats best is good.
    But ringing them direct get's peoples backs up even if the desk officer has requested to speak to you.( I got a telling arf for this but swished that around with cunning and well if they asked to speak to me ).

4. 18yrs_on

Grab your 2 i/c and get him to talk to Glasgow. He can get a brief Career profile and an indication of what post would suite you. At the same time he can find out where there is any likely posts and pencil you in. It is actually part of his job.

Or - speak to your RCMO, he is supposed to do the same sort of thing.

5. Sorted out posting through RCMO and chose correctly for career profile.
    Wouldnt trust my 2i/c to serve the milk to the cats.

Would like to hear comments from disgruntalled people and where this system goes wrong.

6. 18yrs_on

Didn't say trust him. I would have sat in his office while he did it. That way it ensures he does it there and then, he does not gaff it and you can tell him what posting you want at the same time.

7. rsd"s advice is sound. If you sit there while he phones, you will normally get a result, and probably get a choice of posts available. Much less daunting than the russian roulette of waiting for the signal to arrive.

You said in your original post that your PPP didnt arrive at records. You should have put one in with your latest CR, so if the PPP doesnt arrive, neither does the CR. Worrying really.

Bones

8. you see a car for sale , would you pay the full asking price or try and get some money knocked off? , of course you would ask for a discount! so todays top tip is , if you dont ask you dont get!! . what is wrong with phoning mcm div? .whats the worst that can happen? a telling off by the headmaster? cmon people get a f ucking grip of yourselves and sort your own career out. if you want a certain unit then ask nicely .you never know you may get it!!

9. in a nutshell NO!! im on the wagon!

10. Good point - they must have received the CR or MCM Div would have gone skitz.

If you don't trust the Sqn 2IC to get the job done, then there must be someone like a Tp senior who has either has a contact in Glasgow (or can call) or some way of at least getting your career plan sorted out from a Tp level. What trade are you?

11. [If you don't trust the Sqn 2IC to get the job done, then there must be someone like a Tp senior who has either has a contact in Glasgow (or can call) or some way of at least getting your career plan sorted out from a Tp level. What trade are you?[/quote]

Posting sorted after RCMO interview.
    Strange though that everyone wants to come to Germany anyone would think the world cup is being held in that country.
    Surprise to some people you'll be on OPs when it's on. sadness abound.

12. that's why everyone should get an adv trg qual - it means you can organise trips during world cups etc or in your dream holiday destination - far better than paying for it properly!