Posting P*ss-Take

Ok heres the Problem.

I was originally due posting after a two year stint in my unit way back in April 06. The manning for the store is for a Staffy and a Lance-jack (I arrived here as a Crafty and have recently picked up my first).

My unit told me that there aren't any vacancies for a lance-corporal Tech Storeman anywhere throughout the army, This i find very hard to believe. My TQ understandably is not too willing to let me leave as he knows he will only get a class 3 Cfn as a replacement. On the last production meeting my TQ was told that i will have to stay with this unit in woolwich until next november!!! This isnt what i want or need at all. :evil:

Can anyone offer advice to get me posted. I am desperate to get to Germany as my last three Preffered Posting Profromas state, But my Knowledge of how the system works is limited and I could use all help offered.

Many thanks.
Ted

Umm yeah cheers for that that. :?

So no real advise as such then???
I just feel that ive been sh*t on big style

Dave, do you speak from experience bud???
location is good but the regiment is a hole and i wanna leave asap.
two and a half done, one more to go ....RUBBISH!!!!!!! I want to get a tour under my belt.

Much help needed!!!

i do not know how you have lasted that long with the cloud punching gays, best way to top yourself mate, make sure you take some of the bummers with you though

was at good old 16 a few years ago and all i can say is, if your not a tech the powers that be treat you like shit. I'm amazed your TQ is such an ARSE and not helping you out as there's always somewhere to go. Your best bet is to ask for an OC's Interview, if that doesn't work aim higher. Good Luck Mate!!!

So you're saying that the TQ has connived with the OC to keep you in post over your original SOS date without informing you? Bad.

No vacant Lance-Jack Storeman posts in the ENTIRE Army? Doubtful.

FFS Does anybody in the REME think this passes for good man management?

I think you need to address this with your CoC fckuing ASAP.

2 ways to get posted in a hurry;

#1 Sign off. On the OC's interview tell him you're losing motivation and becoming mentally stale feeling that you're being held back.
or
#2 Bit of pad-shagging (only if #1 is fruitless).

I have a vcacancy for a Cfn/Lance jack in Herford coming up in April/May 07. Only 1 unit in Herford, do your homework and get a PPP in schnell.
Good luck. :)

G104MEN:
Offer sounds good. Will have to see what our OC decides. What type of unit is it LAD/WKSPS?
Thanks

Young man,

There are loads of slots, and they always need filling. You just have to rub them the right way.

Sounds like someone within your unit is lining his own nest at your expense.

If you are at first line go and get an interview with the RCMO at your local Bn. If you are in a Bn do the same. No luck then post again and I will try and steer you in the right direction.

I'd suggest you get this sorted before MCM Div send you a PO to somewhere that you dont wanna go and it cant be changed, seems as if you at least have the noggin to ask for help instead of just sitting there whinging so......
1. Interview with OC and/or RCMO and get summat winged to MCM Div, and dont take no for an answer, they (ooficers) will try and fob you off with the old "there's loads of time left, I'll do it soon etc etc", its your right to ask them to actually do summat for you for a change.
2. Get a higher ranking colleague to phone records for you maybe.
3. Phone around units you'd like to go to, try the stores first then by all means try OCs but be courteous and informed and make yourself seem keen as fcuk, they'll like that (get the OCs name from the stores and when he answers just say "is this Capt/Maj so and so the OC LAD?" as that'll show you've done ur homework.
4. Transfer to a Corps that will look after you better, if you can find one! I know its hard to believe but we're one of the better ones lol
5. Sign off, only do this if you could accept actually getting out as a last resort!
6. Pad Shag, this one can be moved up depending on the attractiveness of the desired pad wife!! lol

Any probs pls feel free to IM me for help, good luck :)

You could always buckle down and make the most of where you are. Remember that the devil you know may be better than the one you don't. The fact that a unit is in Germany is no guarantee that it's better than one in the UK. Never forget that you only state your preferences it's never been guaranteed that you'll go where you want. The priority is always going to be , as it should, the army's needs.

what is the average tour of duty at a first unit? ive heard all sorts.