Posting Notice

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BigMac, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently at the end of a two year posting, and should be due a move in the middle of September (in approx 5 weeks). Several of my compadres have heard about their posting but myself and others have heard nothing. This obviously poses a few difficulties as I have to give notice for my current quarter, find a new one, sort out child care, and do all the other associated b0ll0cks that comes with a posting. Couple of questions;

How much notice should I be getting about a posting?

If I am being extended will I actually recieve notice about this or just take my lack of posting order as confirmation?

Is there any way that I can check with the appropriate decision makers as to whether I am actually getting posted or being extended? I have asked the posting sgt in the unit who basically says "It'll come over JPA. When I hear, you'll hear", which is pretty useless. He has sent several emails to Glasgow with no response.

2. Hi.

I know there are several trades at the moment within a few different capbadges that are running behind on postings. A couple of the lads at my last unit were told it might be six to eight months after they were due before they would hear anything.

It could be you are in one of those posts. Even if your not and you get a posting at short notice it isnt that much of a drama:

You can ring your new units welfare office and organise a quarter over the phone.
    Removals can be booked at short notice for these circumstances with help from your current welfare office.
    You dont have to give notice as such in your current quater. If you have been posted at short notice that is not of your own doing.
    Your new unit should have some form of welcome pack that would give you a few options as to childcare, schools etc.

Hope that helps in some way.
  3. Cheers mate. OC house is sh1tting bricks at the minute as we're in the process of buying a house for her and the sprogs to live in while I go trail blazing around the world in the high octane environment of the QARANC. I'd just like to know if I'm going to need to apply for a new quarter for us, sort out schooling and the rest, or if I'm going for single accom etc.

I'd like to know this a bit in advance for once as we've been moved 3 times in the last 2 years at short notice for varying reasons.
  4. Good for morale eh! Not knowing what the f uck is going on, especially when there are family involved. My eg:
    (Wife to me) "So, when are you depoying to Iraq". " In a months time babe, not be moving until about the middle of July". 2 days later i was told to tell my wife that I was leaving in 4 days. Great eh!

F ucking tossers.
  5. We had a lad recently who was married with kids with the eldest in final year at school. Hence, not the best time to be posted.

He was given six weeks notice to begin at his new unit taking him from th UK to Germany much to the dismay of OC house.

He ended up going over and living in the block and leaving the wife and kids in the house in the UK whilst they got sorted out. Hence, it would be possible to keep your wife and kids where they are until you square away your own house and move them in or you decide to move into a quater at your new unit. Your welfare office and estate office should take into account your exceptional circumstances.
  6. Very common this, if extended in post you will get an amendment to EOT date through from Career Manager.