Posting Information - Germany

Lads and ladies,

I'm posted to Hamelin in Germany as of March 17, and the only info that the Badge gave me was that it was 75 engineer reg, crossover of regs and reservists and amphibious.

Was wondering if anyone has insight as to either the barracks, or what I could expect when I get out there as its my first posting finishing training.

Cheers

Hmmmmm! NAAFI, new user, bone question.
Smells funny.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Lads and ladies,

I'm posted to Hamelin in Germany as of March 17, and the only info that the Badge gave me was that it was 75 engineer reg, crossover of regs and reservists and amphibious.

Was wondering if anyone has insight as to either the barracks, or what I could expect when I get out there as its my first posting finishing training.

Cheers
Some useful help.

You'll enjoy amphibious crossings of the Weser. If units still do that.

Lads and ladies,

Cheers
If indeed you are a real human being, your Badge clearly hates your guts and has sent you on an imaginary posting to get rid of your worthless self.

Could be worse, he may have posted you to Kirkcudbright

I was under the impression that the Amph Troop is now in Minden with the Germans, could be wrong though!

Not been for a while. Take nylons, aspirin and soap, listen out for zithers .

CFB.
Do not try flogging off diluted penicillin either.

It's
Lads and ladies,

Cheers
It's Hameln. Take plenty of Euros to pay for your inaugural trip down 10 mark allee to visit the local pay for talent. Also ingratiate yourself with Apfelkorn and currywurst and pommes Mayo.

I was under the impression that Hameln had closed for business some time ago. Perhaps the OP has made himself particularly unpopular with his unit.

Caarps, ponti and Provost are correct. Hameln was handed back, and I believe it has been used to temporarily house refugees. All that's left is Bielefeld, Paderborn and Gütersloh.

If indeed you are a real human being, your Badge clearly hates your guts and has sent you on an imaginary posting to get rid of your worthless self.

Could be worse, he may have posted you to Kirkcudbright
What is wrong with Kirkcudbright I spent a very happy tour there and the boffins that we did trials there said it was the only Pheasant shoot with anArmy range on it , just lovely.

Have we still got much in Germany? Only asking because the company that I work for does car insurance for British people based over there but is ending it next year.