Posting Images

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Country_Bumpkin, May 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys, I'm having a few technical problems here.

I want to insert an image into a message I have already posted. I click on the insert image icon and I get a pop-up saying 'Please enter image URL' and http://

The image I have is on a USB pen drive, we'll assume drive E:. I have it as a jpeg and bmp. How do I go about inserting it? I've been trying to type http://E:\filename.jpg but to no avail.

Your help, and patience with a technological illiterate, is appreciated!
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

The image facility only works with images that are already hosted on a website. As yours is on your USB pen drive then you have the following options:

1. Upload it as an attachment to your message - the facility to do this is near the bottom of the screen when you hit the 'Post Reply' or 'Edit' buttons.

2. Upload the file to the ARRSE gallery or any other picture hosting website. Once this is done then you can find the URL (web address) and post it into the image field (where it says Please enter image URL). The image URL can normally be found by right clicking on an image and selecting properties.

Hope this helps!
  3. Thanks for the quick reply Bad CO.
    I've tried adding it as an attachment but unfortunately the facility to do this does not appear when I hit the 'Edit' or 'Post Reply' buttons. Don't know why, maybe a gremlin in the attachment system.
    I've sent it to the gallery for you to scrutinise before uploading.
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

You need to scroll down the page to the bit marked 'Add an Attachment' ..... its definitely there but below the reply box.

Unfortunately I can't access all the admin functions from here so won't be able to approve your picture until this evening.