posting images from computer

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by jcarver007, Mar 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

have a problem attaching images from computer to a post in discounts section. it says html is on and i can do it in other sections but not in that. now seems to have gone.

anyone got any thoughts?

cheers.

2. To the OP: you've got to upload the picture to the internet first, either to the ARRSE gallery or to a image-hosting website like Flickr or Photobucket, then copy the URL ("right click, copy image address" or similar" and the type the following:

Code:
    [img]*image address here*[/img]
    Provided hotlinking's not banned, that should do.

3. I'm sure it's just me but I've attached pics from my computer before to threads on ARRSE. I still haven't got the hang of it of course as they are always too big and it takes me an hour to 'fumble' something presentable.
    Three questions if I may!

1. I attached some mahoosive photos on 'Family military photos' thread sometime ago. Why did it let me then and is fussy with others?

2. How come when I try to attach a pic on the 'How bone is your Missus' thread, there isn't the option of 'add attachment' after the Options bit (in fact it doesn't even say 'options' on that thread. I know there is another option under the 'bold' button (image) but people don't realise how much my brain hurts trying to work it out.

3. I have added comments to other threads and if I quote a 'big' comment it extends past the text box and the whole thing flutters and the scroll bar on the right pings up and down like a mad womans sheite. I can manually grab the scroll bar and take the text to the bottom but as soon as I let go of it I can't see the bottom any more (ie I am typing this blind as I cannot now see the bottom of the text box and it's fluttering.)

Help!!

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Different forums allow different posting options; not sure why, you'd have to ask the COs. This one allows attachments but Now That's What I Call NAAFI Bar doesn't. This won't stop you linking to your picture using the IMG tags mentioned above by B_Z.

As above.

Are you using Internet Explorer? I'm fairly certain that this relates to a known problem with that browser.

5. Click on Quote, or Post Reply. Below the box that comes up (the box I am typing in now) you will see OPTIONS and ADD AN ATTACHMENT. Click on add an attachment and follow the destructions.

If the pic you are trying to post is too big (e.g. too many mega squiggles) Open the pic in Microsoft Office Picture manager, click on PICTURE and select COMPRESS PICTURE from the drop down menu. Follow instructions on the right of your screen and save the compressed pic with a different name from the original somewhere you can find it again (desktop).

Have fun!

6. @ Eponinmondas. Thanks for all the above and taking the time to reply! I am now on firefox and do not have the jittery probs now... so it is IE that is the prob there then. Sorted!

@eodmatt... As has been pointed out above, some threads don't give you the option of... 'Options' when you open it to reply. I haven't tried to link the photo I wanted to attach yet (in the img button) I'm far too thick for that as I would have to actually do something technical! Am learning slowly but surely though.