Posthumous George Medal Award for Private Martin Bell.

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by BarkingSpider, Oct 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Those of us who knew him are tremendously proud of him. We were anyway when he was a young PSCO here in the Worth Valley and we were proud again when he became a Paratrooper and we were again, when he gave his life in the way he did. Rest in peace young lad.
    [h=3]Posthumous medal award for Private Martin Bell[/h]

2. R.I.P. Fella

3. An inspirational story of courage and a well deserved award. Rest in Peace Pte Martin Bell.

4. Sounds like a brave and fearless guy, bloody shite that he brave efforts and well deserved award ended up being posthumous.
    Bravely like that doesn't come around too often

5. cracking on and thinking of others after 3 explosions, top bloke RIP

6. R.I.P
    A true hero.

7. I personally feel that the word HERO has become massively overused. However, Pte Martin Bell, 2nd Bn, The Parachute Regiment, you are sir, a HERO. Utrinque Paratus fella, RIP.

8. An inspiration to us all and perhaps a timely reminder that not all British youngsters are the chav-scum that the media depicts.

9. R.I.P. lad.

10. In the current financial climate the armed forces are getting hammered with continued attacks on pensions, medical compensation payouts, redundancies, pay freezes, T&C's, etc. The reasons for this are that we are yet another branch of public servants, nothing more, and should shoulder the financial responsibilities with all the rest. Stories of immense acts of bravery such as this one only serve to make my blood piss even more.

RIP.