Posters

Discussion in 'Campaigns' started by FluffyBunny, Jul 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We're working (well, Psywar is) on an A2 poster for shop windows.

I reckon a dozen will do the job, and the rough background design is at

clickety

Any ideas for a messages, punchy L1A1?

2. [align=center]They're used to standing on their own two feet...

...but when the worst happens, they need our support.
    [/align]

:?:

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

5. There is a new version of the poster

here

I've suggested (stolen from ViroBono)

Shot at in Iraq

Stabbed in the Back In Grays Lane

I went for that because we don't want anyone pointing out the soldier in the photo hasn't actually been shot, and we don't want to alienate Ashtead, just focus on Grays Lane a bit.

I had considered

Ashtead - you're a set of cnuts

But thought Moody's team may have trouble getting them into shop windows .....

Any more thoughts before we finalise?

FB

6. I like it.

How many are you running off?

Can you convert that to PDF and email to me please

7. I was trying to go for the sympathy vote for the rest of the residents rather than attacking Grays Lane NIMBYs (as tempting as it was yesterday - old codger in garden giving us evils... :x )

If it's not going to be counter-productive, I'm game!

8. There is a new version of the poster

here

I've suggested (stolen from ViroBono)

Shot at in Iraq

Stabbed in the Back In Grays Lane

I went for that because we don't want anyone pointing out the soldier in the photo hasn't actually been shot, and we don't want to alienate Ashtead, just focus on Grays Lane a bit.

I had considered

Ashtead - you're a set of cnuts

But thought Moody's team may have trouble getting them into shop windows .....

Any more thoughts before we finalise?

FB

9. You need an attention grabbing headline.

It's a very clever and evocative poster , the leafy country lane is superb, but I can't help feeling the best photo for the right hand panel is the 'Paras in contact in Afghanistan' photo that featured in the Daily Telegraph. That photo should be reproduced in full colour , to give the light and dark contrast.

In addition , a emotive punchline i.e - Help Support our Wounded Heroes sign the petition" should be included above the "36grayslane" URL address.

10. This photo

[​IMG]

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

V.2.0 of the poster is excellent.

Maybe a shot of more than one soldier might be good, as PTP suggests (though Crown or other copyright might be a b*gger).

Thinking about the text, and getting people to help, what about:

It might read better if the image was reversed i.e soldiers on the left (and 'shot at' headline upper left), lane on the right (headline lower right), 'help' line centred across the bottom. Either way, I'd crop out the wall (or whatever it is) to the right of the soldiers.

We will have the advantage that most local residents will probably be aware that there is an issue, so there shouldn't be a need for more detail. Suggest that shops be given a small supply of leaflets for those without internet access.

12. OK, I'll pass all this on.

Can we add Psywar to the Campaign access list PTP? It'll save me forwarding stuff all the time.

13. Go ahead on Fallschirmjagers pics in gallery - spoken to Fluff on phone who knows the score.

14. I think MoD would let this one slide?

I'lll add Psywar now Fluffy.

Could you please let him know, and emphasise to him that the presence of this forum is not to be discussed with anyone else?

15. Message sent to Psywar

I hope you all apprecaite the sacrifice of my 3rd best Temperate Lightweight Jacket ....