Posted to NI: Travel, Subsistance & Allowances

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by 11D, Jul 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Currently based in York, my family (incl 2 kids + dog) are posted to NI. Having trawled the length of JSP752 for what I am and am not entitled to, as I understand it I am entitled to claim for the following:

1. NIRS once in duty station @ £6.11 per day

2. Up to 3 nights NS for myself, my wife and my kids (actuals when booked through CHBS) if quarter is not available for less than 28 days. (i.e x 4 lots of NS)

3. DS for myself, my wife and my kids; "except where NS is also being claimed for the same temporary duty, in which case breakfast costs are contained within NS, and not DS" (i.e x 4 lots of DS)

4. Ferry travel (1st class) for all my family (Can I book ferries for for both vehicles in the family at public expense??)

5. MMA @ PCR rate provided I am insured for business travel (Can I do this for both vehicles in the family??)

6. NIMR for vehicle insurance in Northern Ireland. Not sure what is deemed "central London". Can anyone clarify with a postcode??

7. IE for myself only, BUT JSP 752 03.0113 says: "IE may be paid concurrently with all types of NS and daily combinations of
    NS and DS, but not normally with DS alone",
    so does that mean I am good to go or not??

8. Also trying to clarify if I am entitled to duty travel if I decide to take only one family vehicle and return at a later date to collect the other, as the movers will not move motorvehicles/motorcycles. Does anyone know my options??

Not sure if I have missed anything or got any of this wrong, but if somebody could confirm/correct me accordingly I would be most grateful.

11D :? :? :? :?

2. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Can anyone help???