Posted to Germany

P

pickles121

Hi, I'm getting posted to Germany in a month, can anybody give me any up to date info on best way to phone and text home to the uk? Thanks

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
When phoning home from Germany it is necessary to get blithering drunk in the Naafi, then use 10pfg bits (cents now?) to ring your g/f.

For best results, forget about the time difference and ring her at 2am.

That's what I always used to do anyway.

Get Skype as all the camps now have wifinity. If you have a smartphone its free. Or get Whatsapp thats also free. Also you will break up with your girlfriend in about 2 months.

You will be too drunk to operate anything as complicated as a 'phone and the vultures are already circling in anticipation of your girl friend dumping you.

P

pickles121

I just need useful info on the phone contract not relationship advice! Thanks... No bitter relationship comments

You can hardly call that advice. It's more like a prediction. :)

Simple advice....

Do NOT get any contract phone in Germany! Get a Pre Paid card and stick with it...There are many different deals here and it's up to you to choose which suits.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
I just need useful info on the phone contract not relationship advice! Thanks... No bitter relationship comments
You don't need a phone. Your mrs is going to leave you because this will be you after a couple of months in Germany. Would YOU talk to that?

No. Of course you wouldn't.[video=youtube;d-TbwUgXHsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-TbwUgXHsk[/video]

You don't need a phone. Your mrs is going to leave you because this will be you after a couple of months in Germany. Would YOU talk to that?

No. Of course you wouldn't.[video=youtube;d-TbwUgXHsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-TbwUgXHsk[/video]
I know him!

That's Smudge, or is it Tug, or Dinger maybe.

No, it's definitely Nobby

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
DEAR PICKLES I HAVE MET THIS LAD IN A CLUB , HE PLAYS IN A BAND AND HAS ASKED ME TO WATCH HIM AT HIS GIGS . wELL we travelled on a few overnighters and one thing lead to another . He was lonely i was lonely and yew are so far away . Any way you are sacked but I would like us to still remain friends.

Christmas down the Legion. Can't beat it.

Don't be so ******* precious. She'll be chugging some other bloke's boner before the first weekend is over.

Personally, because they speak a different language, I always found it easier to just press the numbered buttons on the phone, listen in the earpiece and speak in the mouthpiece. Always seemed to work for me !

Get a cheap Blackberry curve & download whatsapp on it also. With the latest upgrade of BBM to now include BBM Voice also you've got unlimited calls (access to wifi dependent) & data messaging for a few quid on top of a basic monthly contract bill (it's like 0.01p per data msg).

I bought 2 Vodafone UK Blackberry Curves on contract for the wife & I & pay approx. £35 / month for both of them to use in Germany (anywhere in Europe for that matter).

Simple advice....

Do NOT get any contract phone in Germany! Get a Pre Paid card and stick with it...There are many different deals here and it's up to you to choose which suits.
:)

Like he says. Further, do NOT go with Vodaphone Germany.

Can't you get a smart phone with 'whats app' these days? Free texts. Skype for free calls. That sounds a good deal, though I haven't got either.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Or befriend a pad or 2 that have a TKS package who'll let you take advantage of the unlimited free calls to UK land lines a couple of times a week until you sort something out in Germany.