Posted to Germany

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pickles121, Jun 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm getting posted to Germany in a month, can anybody give me any up to date info on best way to phone and text home to the uk? Thanks

2. When phoning home from Germany it is necessary to get blithering drunk in the Naafi, then use 10pfg bits (cents now?) to ring your g/f.

For best results, forget about the time difference and ring her at 2am.

That's what I always used to do anyway.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Get Skype as all the camps now have wifinity. If you have a smartphone its free. Or get Whatsapp thats also free. Also you will break up with your girlfriend in about 2 months.

• Like Like x 6
  4. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

You will be too drunk to operate anything as complicated as a 'phone and the vultures are already circling in anticipation of your girl friend dumping you.

• Like Like x 4
  5. I just need useful info on the phone contract not relationship advice! Thanks... No bitter relationship comments

6. You can hardly call that advice. It's more like a prediction. :)

• Like Like x 7
  7. Simple advice....

Do NOT get any contract phone in Germany! Get a Pre Paid card and stick with it...There are many different deals here and it's up to you to choose which suits.

8. You don't need a phone. Your mrs is going to leave you because this will be you after a couple of months in Germany. Would YOU talk to that?

No. Of course you wouldn't.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I know him!

That's Smudge, or is it Tug, or Dinger maybe.

No, it's definitely Nobby

• Like Like x 2
  10. I don't know whohe is, but he look a lot like an armourer to me.

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

DEAR PICKLES I HAVE MET THIS LAD IN A CLUB , HE PLAYS IN A BAND AND HAS ASKED ME TO WATCH HIM AT HIS GIGS . wELL we travelled on a few overnighters and one thing lead to another . He was lonely i was lonely and yew are so far away . Any way you are sacked but I would like us to still remain friends.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Christmas down the Legion. Can't beat it.

13. Don't be so ******* precious. She'll be chugging some other bloke's boner before the first weekend is over.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Personally, because they speak a different language, I always found it easier to just press the numbered buttons on the phone, listen in the earpiece and speak in the mouthpiece. Always seemed to work for me !