Posted to Cyprus next year, what is the Bobby with my guns?

Currently I have:

22-250
2 x .22lr
.17hmr
Pump Action 12g
Semi Auto 12g

I have been told that I will not be able to take these to Cyprus with me 8O

Can anyone confirm the rules on the SBA (RAF Akrotiri) on possetion of firearms. I will be there for 2 1/2 years. From what I have heard you are alowed a .177 Air rifle and Shotguns with a max capacity for 2 carts.

Any advice much appreciated.

I was over there a few years ago and lads in both infantry regiments I served with in Episkopi had taken their own shotguns and rifles. Check with the clay pigeon club* in Episkopi maybe? I seem to remember there being alot of paperwork to be filled out before going and liason with the armoury/QM too.

SBA police/RMP may be able to advise too?

*can't remember its proper title

Alsacien

MIA
flutedbarrel said:
Currently I have:

22-250
2 x .22lr
.17hmr
Pump Action 12g
Semi Auto 12g

I have been told that I will not be able to take these to Cyprus with me 8O

Can anyone confirm the rules on the SBA (RAF Akrotiri) on possetion of firearms. I will be there for 2 1/2 years. From what I have heard you are alowed a .177 Air rifle and Shotguns with a max capacity for 2 carts.

Any advice much appreciated.
With a European Firearms Pass you would be able to bring them as a civvy (check the exact Cypriot firearms laws though for any odd details) - maybe worth checking options with civvy clubs for storage also.

theoriginalphantom said:
I was over there a few years ago and lads in both infantry regiments I served with in Episkopi had taken their own shotguns and rifles. Check with the clay pigeon club* in Episkopi maybe? I seem to remember there being alot of paperwork to be filled out before going and liason with the armoury/QM too.

SBA police/RMP may be able to advise too?

*can't remember its proper title
Thanks very much for your reply, I have mailed Epi gun club for info.

Cheers for that!