Posted to 14

Just found out I'm posted to 14. So whats the gen on renting locally,(been turned down for a 1/4). Is there a training wing and so on. Any info would be apprciated.

Cheers

Yes there is a training wing.

As for renting locally, why have you been turned down for a quarter?
H'west is the biggest town within a reasonable distance but I have no idea about prices.
If you go the other way, the towns are very small. Apart from that, Milford Haven is the only decent option.

If yer really stuck, just pick up a slapper in RJ's on a Thursday night and see if you can bunk up with
her for the duration....

Maricat3 so low down on the list, but got a serious partner(serious as in she never smiles) and we are looking for our 1st place.

S

squirt

Ha ha.. treat yourself!!

Am currently lucky enough to be at the lovely Welsh place... RJ's is now Matisse, although Minnies is the place to be! (Apparently!)

In answer to your questions.. Yes there is a training wing and no idea about renting locally, sorry!

Ask me any questions you have (PM or on here) and I'll do my best to answer them..

Know a lot of lads who rent locally. not a drama as long as you have permission off the OC Squadron. As for prices i will ask ma mates

I was told by DHE that theres no chance of getting one as I dont have my child for x number of days a year. I would have her for x number of days a year if I had a 1/4 though.

Whats the gym and other facilities like? Are all the techie types centrally held or are most out in the squadrons? Is it still a 4(ish) day week?

S

squirt

The gym is quite small but has the basic facilities. There is a bar run by the NAAFI on camp although it is not open at weekends unless there is a big sporting event going on.

As far as I know, techs do a certain amount of time in TM troop before then being filtered into each of the other squadrons.

Yes, it's still a four day week - probably one of the best parts about 14 Sigs!

Any good IS jobs there?

14 Sigs!!!!!
Having spent over half my career at Osnabrucke and Brawdy I can honestly say that it has been an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. If it wasn't for those magnificent men in the secure building I think life would have been dull, dreary and un-entertaining.
HOORAH for Ops. All 13 years of them.

ironrations said:
I was told by DHE that theres no chance of getting one as I dont have my child for x number of days a year. I would have her for x number of days a year if I had a 1/4 though.

Ironrations...I was the same at Blandford, just split with wife who went back to her home town, open access to kids but due to distance could only have them 2-4 days a month, I applied for a 1/4, spoke directly to DHE office and got the neccessary signatures etc. I was allocated a 1/4 within a week no probs at all.

Spk to DHE and they have an obligation to provide single/absent fathers a 1/4 for when they have their kids but you have to live there alone and cant have gf or swedish nanny staying full time (officially ;-) )

Get on the M4 and keep going and going and going and going to the end of M4. Keep going and going and going omg I can see Ireland oh and a shite hole camp too!!!!! Jesus am I really posted here? That is why you are on a 4 day week takes you a whole friggin day to drive outa there........................

Enjoy

Tazzer

E

error_unknown

tazman said:
Get on the M4 and keep going and going and going and going to the end of M4. Keep going and going and going omg I can see Ireland oh and a shite hole camp too!!!!! Jesus am I really posted here? That is why you are on a 4 day week takes you a whole friggin day to drive outa there........................

Enjoy

Tazzer
It actually takes you 2 hours from the Severn Bridge, without breaking the speed limit. I liked H'west so much we now live there and I commute. Times are as follows in my experience.

Harrogate-H'west 6 hrs

Larkhill/Bulford etc about 3 to 3-30

M25/M4 junction about 4 to 5 hrs depending on Cardiff

Livable with unless you are heading for inverness

ironrations said:
Just found out I'm posted to 14. So whats the gen on renting locally,(been turned down for a 1/4). Is there a training wing and so on. Any info would be apprciated.

Cheers
You could actually get one of your muckers to join you in a Civil Partnership and get a quarter. You do not have to consumate your relationship, infact to the best of my knowledge you do not even have to be a homosexual. Go on try it, I dare you.

S

squirt

Not heard that one before! I don't believe there's any free houses on the patch at the moment anyway...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
batfink RLC 7
1920 Royal Signals 12
U Jobs (Discussion) 6