Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Posted to 14 Sig Regt..... info please!

Hi all,

[align=center]Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to all![/align]

Posted to 14 early 09, very happy to be returning to the Uk, stuff the recession!

Wondering if anyone can give me info on the camp, living quarters in Haverfordwest etc.

I have some main questions if anyone at all could help, itd be really appreciated:

Will be having a proxy march in, and arriving 2 days after. Will Gas and Elec be already plumbed in? ( Excuse me if this sounds stupid but joined at 16!) And what is the default gas and elec company if it is plumbed in!

How far is it to m25 by car?

Heard there is a bus to camp, whats the general feeling on this bus?

How many exercises per year?

Is there a med & dental centre on camp, if not do we go nhs? Or if there is, and obviously wives etc live off camp, are they eligible to go to local doctors?

Cheers for your time, any other things you think could be helpful (ie regi characters etc) please let me know

Cheers

Norm :)

Norman_the_Gunner said:
Hi all,

Posted to 14 early 09, very happy to be returning to the Uk, stuff the recession!

Wondering if anyone can give me info on the camp, living quarters in Haverfordwest etc.

I have some main questions if anyone at all could help, itd be really appreciated:

Will be having a proxy march in, and arriving 2 days after. Will Gas and Elec be already plumbed in? ( Excuse me if this sounds stupid but joined at 16!) And what is the default gas and elec company if it is plumbed in!

Is there a med & dental centre on camp, if not do we go nhs? Or if there is, and obviously wives etc live off camp, are they eligible to go to local doctors?

Cheers for your time, any other things you think could be helpful (ie regi characters etc) please let me know

Cheers

Sack the proxy if you can, always march in yourself. Leccy and water will be on, as will be gas if you have it. But you can change who you buy from.

The question you should be asking is how far is to the nearest motorway, not M25 :D Google maps or google earth will show you.

Bus in was pretty good last I heard. You can drive in if you wish too.

Your mrs is not seen to by the Military docs and dentists, in UK. You have to book her and the kids in down town.

Exercises per year? Welcome to one of the busier regiments in the Corps, that´s all I can say :D

chocolate_frog said:
Norman_the_Gunner said:
Hi all,

Cheers

Sack the proxy if you can, always march in yourself. Leccy and water will be on, as will be gas if you have it. But you can change who you buy from.

The question you should be asking is how far is to the nearest motorway, not M25 :D Google maps or google earth will show you.

Bus in was pretty good last I heard. You can drive in if you wish too.

Your mrs is not seen to by the Military docs and dentists, in UK. You have to book her and the kids in down town.

Exercises per year? Welcome to one of the busier regiments in the Corps, that´s all I can say :D

Haha told the missus, you should have seen her face! Unfortunatly cant sack the proxy as flying in from abroad!

Thanks for that though, any idea who the gas and elec would come from in the first place as im after knowing how much im gonna pay?

You should be able to get a few nights in a local hotel or in a transit house on the pad so even if you fly in you should be able to take your house over yourself.

I know it is late in the day, but that is my pennys wroth.

what sqn?

chocolate_frog said:
You should be able to get a few nights in a local hotel or in a transit house on the pad so even if you fly in you should be able to take your house over yourself.

I know it is late in the day, but that is my pennys wroth.

what sqn?

Yeah might do that, thanks! Might treat the wife to a few nights, then again might hang me basher up ;)

Going into HQ Sqn

Haverford West is in the middle of butt fcuk nowhere to put it mildly! The good thing about this though is that as far as know the regt knock off on a Thursday evening for the weekend to allow the guys travelling time.

Random forum to post in, not thought of the Sigs one? Take up something to do with AT, not much else there, including places to drink.

Reasonable shops in Haverfordwest. The beach at Tenby is just down the road and is gleaming during the summer. Coastal path and all those beaches are great. Nice drive up to Aberystwyth along the coastal road too.

Still don't know why you posted in the "outside the wire" forum though.

PoisonDwarf said:
Reasonable shops in Haverfordwest. The beach at Tenby is just down the road and is gleaming during the summer. Coastal path and all those beaches are great. Nice drive up to Aberystwyth along the coastal road too.

Still don't know why you posted in the "outside the wire" forum though.

I used outside the wire as it said postings as a sub heading, looking at it now yeah next time will use the sigs pages. Thanks