Postal/Telephone Scam

From the Army Aviation forum

The lowlifes are already thinking of Christmas and are after YOUR money.

Can you circulate this around especially as Christmas is fast approaching. It has been confirmed by Royal Mail.

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:-

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0306 6611911 (a premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scan originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at:-

http://www.icstis.org.uk/

or your local trading standards office. This is a genuine scam and is under investigation by ICSTIS.
If I'm not about can people bump this for a few days so posters get to see it.

Cheers

Edited for fingers misinterpreting orders

Thanks Sparks for the Heads Up

Sven said:
From the Army Aviation forum

The lowlifes are already thinking of Christmas and are after YOUR money.

Can you circulate this around especially as Christmas is fast approaching. It has been confirmed by Royal Mail.

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:-

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0306 6611911 (a premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scan originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at:-

or your local trading standards office. This is a genuine scam and is under investigation by ICSTIS.

If I'm not about can people bump this for a few days so posters get to see it.

Cheers

Thanks Sparks for the Heads Up
It was being investigated (In Dec 05) but the numbers were shut down. Looks like this is a chain-mail carrying over from that.

For further details see this page from icstis

Sven said:

Should have scanned the weblink before jumping on this one. Seems your fingers were better briefed than your brain.

Bad drills Sven :)

This is an old one.

Also, there is no way that you could be charged £15 per min for a call within the UK, charges are capped to £1.50 per min.

5_mile_sniper said:
This is an old one.

Also, there is no way that you could be charged £15 per min for a call within the UK, charges are capped to £1.50 per min.
Agreed on the age of the scam,

This happned down my way ages ago.

Had one of these cards a few months back. It's not necessarily the sort of thing you pay much attention to but luckily I knew of the scam and didn't call. Passed the details to local trading standards. I had a parcel from Amazon last week and noticed they didn't use Royal Mail to deliver it but something called Home Delivery Service, so there is going to be room for confusion. Hopefully people will get wise to this scam asap and it will disappear.

Latest Threads