Postal and Courier

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, May 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

A place to lick stamps.

2. I will be starting my training in two weeks and then hopefully going onto becoming a postal and courier operator. Does anybody here do this? What is it like? What should I expect?

3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I can't comment on what to expect but all the P&C guys I've met seem to be happy with the job and have some exotic postings to boot. Good luck and welcome to the RLC.

4. Did 3 years in the Med Centre there, good set of Lads and Lasses, lot of bean flicking carpet munchers but most ok, can be a sh*te job in the depot but get yourself out and about and loads of top postings to all corners of the world. Good rugby team in my day dramitically boosted by yours truely!!!, and a good civvy club around the corner (MillHill Rufc) with a cracking bar.

Good luck fella.

5. Lol, cheers mate

6. Me bro works at south cerney, (duke of glouster barracks) and he (until about a week ago), was one of the troop commanders of 80 PC sqn, 29rgt. RLC. Now he's sqn assistant adjt or something, anybody think they know him? http://www.silverstars.org.uk/

7. Anybody know a cnut called Be~~ont?

8. Any other Postie related questions feel free to fire away....

mainly @Neil88

(12 years experience and still smiling...)

9. how true and they always kick off more than the blokes!
    I left after 7years as a postie spent 5 years in Germany with a few of them out in the dets working 7-4.30 Monday-friday
    working in the depot?cdo's is hard graft and shift work but it's what you make it if you can try for the MT section at MillHill civies fro work
    and loads of MMA and overnight claims ...also good at chrimbo opening the letters addressed to "a soilder and laughing at the mingers and keeping the good un's :roll: