Post-War World Beating British Co.s & Inventions

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Spinning off from the Superior British Weaponry in WW2 Thread, what world beating British Companies, Products and Inventions stand out in the years since 1945?

I'll start the bidding with Rolls Royce - engine supremos
And Volkswagen :wink:

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The World Wide Web

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn't it some Brit who inventicated the concept of the Mini? Alex Izzeegoneyet, or something.

MsG

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Egg Banjo with Tuesday bread!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Chicken Tikka Masala; now even girly pantywaists can enjoy a curry.
Don't anyone mention Korma, thats just meat yogurt.

Believe it or not in the 1950s motorbikes were world beaters . The Wild One starring Marlon Brando had his anti-hero driving about on a Triumph Tiger . Add to that we had the iconic Norton Commando and what's left to say ?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Believe it or not in the 1950s motorbikes were world beaters . The Wild One starring Marlon Brando had his anti-hero driving about on a Triumph Tiger . Add to that we had the iconic Norton Commando and what's left to say ?

Brando rides a Triumph Thunderbird not a Tiger, the Tiger is from the resurrected Triumph stable, though they also produce new T-birds

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
Morgan, Dowty Rotol (Airscrews), hovercraft, swing-wing, Harrier.

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
OK, so I can't type fast enough!

Biro pens that still work 240 Fathoms under water, and Frying pans that would survive re-entry into our atmosphere.

What really changed Mankind forever was the Fluff-Away (Tm), I think it changed the sociological demography of Great Britain if you will.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Biro pens that still work 240 Fathoms under water, and Frying pans that would survive re-entry into our atmosphere.

What really changed Mankind forever was the Fluff-Away (Tm), I think it changed the sociological demography of Great Britain if you will.
Out-gunned By Ronco's Buttoneer and Flower Loom.