Post vote bid could delay poll

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4420295.stm

2. There's a very simple solution to this - immediately withdraw the compulsory postal ballots. But they won't do that, will they?

There's a picture emerging:

1: Labour already only need about 37% of the total vote to get a majority, the Tories 42% (IIRC - I can't find the exact figures quickly) due to the constituency boundaries. This could have been reformed at any time in the past 8 years to make it fair.
    2: Labour enacts compulsory postal ballots as an experiment... but only in labour heartlands.
    3: Birmingham Labour party commits electoral fraud "...that would disgrace a banana republic".

Hmmm. Shall I put 2 & 2 together and conclude that Labour has arranged this election in its favour and isn't likely to change this any time soon?

3. Postal voting is not the way forward but I do not see this shower of shiit doing anything proactive to stop it or stop the possible rigging that will undoubtly occur.

One thing is for sure, come the 6 May 2005, I will have a heavy heart as I am sure some serious vote rigging will have been done :evil:

4. IMHO

The only way to put a stop to rigging of postal voting is to bar the guilty Party from entering the poll, ie the councillors in Birmingham were all Labour bar labour from the poll in Birmingham.

If there is a subsequent enquiry into vote rigging in any other constituency and a party found guilty, then the party that benefitted should be stripped of the result and the constituency should be handed to those in second place.

It is of no benefit slapping a few peoples hands and asking them not to do it again, these people should be jailed and expelled from their party (which if I'm not mistaken hasn't happened yet).

Zippy483

5. To stop postal vote fraud by the Labour party just stop having postal votes.

6. Well said Zippy. I don't think the guilty people have even been sentenced yet and they are Still in the Labour party unike Flight who made a mistake and was fired there and then. I'm sorry to say this but we are in for another 4/5 years of New Labour and the associated degredation of this country. I'm off sometime in the summer for a couple of months and will find it fcuking hard to return.