Post Tour leave

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Angoria, Oct 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has been covered before but couldn't find an answer in OHs paperwork or using search.
    After a full 6 month tour how much time off are you supposed to have before returning to your civilian job?
    The reason I ask is that my OHs date of return was changed because they asked them to extend their contract for a week to incorporate a parade and when they all said no (although they were happy to turn up for it as long as they could have that week at home first) they were told a month later that it was now compulsory.

2. msr

msr LE

I believe it is 40 working days. However if you do check his contract, I think you will find he has actually signed up for 12 months.

msr

3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Leave entitlements are calculated as follows:

2½ days leave for each month of permanent service with the allowance for
    part months calculated proportionately. After final calculation, any fractions
    will be rounded up to nearest full day.

Any leave (other than R & R) taken during permanent service is to be
    deducted from the accrued annual entitlement.

Any Bank Holidays falling during post tour leave are to be added to the overall
    entitlement.

R & R leave not taken during a period of permanent service will be lost and
    cannot be added to post tour leave.

Personnel deployed overseas on operational service are entitled to 3⅓ days
    Post Operational Tour Leave (POTL) per month deployed. The final eligibility total is rounded up to the nearest whole number. There is a ceiling of 40 days POTL.

From what I understand of your post, your other half is not being released from active duty to start his leave for an extra month and has not yet been demobilised through Chilwell. This extra time is not taken out of his leave, that will start when he is released by his unit. The MoD can theoretically hold on to him for up to a year until he has to re-engage, so if they want him to hang around for a parade, I'm guessing that barring a family emergency, he's all theirs.

Have you contacted your Welfare Officer? Maybe she/he can be of more help with this.