Post Thrombosis Syndrome


I damaged my knee in June 2006 on exercise with Queens OTC (attached from Royal Irish TA) and subquently developed an above knee DVT which was finally diagnosed in August 2006. Put on a course of warfin for 9 months and hoped that was the last of that but I had quite a lot of pain, swelling, numbness in the knee / leg so I went to get it checked out before Christmas.

I've been diagnosed with Post Thrombosis Syndrome and I'm trying to sort out a medical board to see if I'm a sutable candiate for a medical discharge (given advice by RBL and my old Training Major). My notes haven't made it to DCU yet (on the TA forum I was told my notes might have been "dropped" due to lack of funding) even though they were sent just before Christmas.

Can someone tell me if I'll need to go to the UK for a medical board now rather then Belfast or if in fact I will be able to be seen in DCU? I work in Dublin now so Belfast is just a train journey now. I'm hoping someone from DCU might be on the site who can advise........

Similar threads

Latest Threads