Post Reg TA Enlistment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Accidental_discharge, Sep 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am of the impression that ex regs may enlist in the TA up the age of 52. Is there a time limit from reg discharge to TA enlistment? I was discharged post 9 years in 1990, now desiring to put in some TA time, have I been out too long?

2. msr

msr LE

No, but you will have to start again from scratch.

And at (I'm guessing) 47, you might want to look at becoming a cadet AI.

msr

3. Thanks for the confirmation, don't mind starting at scratch again, after all I progressed up and down the ranks quite easily. My career looked similar in shape to a bell curve! Not looking to be an infanteer, more interested in medical options, any different rules for professionally qualified?

NB. 48 and still able to keep up (most of the time anyway)!

4. msr

msr LE

Best advice remains to go along to your local unit and speak to them.

msr

5. Thanks! Always think Army, must be a holdover from previous service. However, this would probably be the better option. Again thanks very much!

6. No problem - if you've got a pulse there's probably a role for you in the RAuxAF.*

*Not having a pulse won't necessarily stop you joining RAuxAF - we still need storemen, clerks and movers.

7. Would I be compelled to grow a large tache and start saying things like "tally ho" and "wizard prang"?