Post Op Tour leave entitlement

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by boney_m, Oct 24, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the entitlements for post op tour leave?

How long do you need to be away and how much entitlement is accrued over time. A reference to the leave manual would be a bonus.

Thanks all,

2. Do they still confine you to camp for a week or so before letting you go on leave after a tour?
    I always wanted to meet the genius who thought that one up.
  3. Confined to camp ? Not heard that one recently (not for about 20 years actually).

Apparently, the week in work immediately after an Op tour is to sort out all post tour admin. I am told that it became apparent that things like kit, pay and all the other nif naf and trivia was being ignored with people legging it on leave straight off the bus from Brize.
  4. Not to camp, but to garrison. It's right up there with having to write a report as to why you have opened and eaten a rat pack on tour (I'm not kidding here).
  5. Someone needs a reality check preceded by a kick up the ar*e. :evil:
  6. You are supposed to be stay back in camp for a week or 2, this allows you to adjust back to 'normality' after you have been on a tour of eating babies and sweeping up roadkill 8O

POTL is 4 weeks for a 6 month tour, anything less than that is 1 days leave for every 9 days spent away :lol:

Must be in the ALM 2000 somewhere I would have thought.
  7. moral.... thay need to re-issue the little bugger before you can go out.
  8. 3 months = 10 working days
    4 months = 14 working days
    5 months = 17 working days
    6 months = 20 working days

R&R (in theatre only entitement)
    3 months = nil
    4 months and 1 day = 10 working days
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

All of my returns from the 'ops' have been followed by a week in camp- "to spot any potential PTSD candidates!"
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Not so for us then as we have been here on departure 4 months 10 days, but "don't worry your unit will give it to you on your return!"
  11. Not true. 6 month tours get 10 working days, the poor people who do less get 5 days plus travelling time (roughly about 3 days!). Oh and a trip to Doha if their bosses are benevolent enough. No sun tan or KFC for me then...
  12. Way things are tour entitlement will end up 28 days tour of balkans, FI, or NI!
  13. You missed out BATUS....
  15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Have just returned from Telic 2 and got 6 weeks POTL, that includes R&R and ALA!

Thanks very much!