Post Nominals Question - MSM

The Canadian MSM can be used as post-nominals.

Dunno.

Matt. Cpl RE LSGC GSM FRGS MIExpE

ugly

LE
Dunno.

Matt. Cpl RE LSGC GSM FRGS MIExpE
Intersting point there, usually its only full members of institutes that may use the post nominals, I have seen FIRSE and AMIRSE used, neither of which are permitted by the IRSE which is why I didnt bother with membership.
I ask as in front of me is a letter from the force firearms manager using AIExpe as a Post Nominal and I'm not sure she should be using it.
It would be ebarrassing for her as she is new in post and already making more mistakes than her predecessor ever managed!

The question is not can you but should you. If you put a load of trivial nonsence behind your name all it really says about you is "look at me, Im not a Walt but Im trying hard to be one".

If, for example, you are less than a full member of an institute, you may be allowed by the institute to use a post nominal but think about it - what does it say to anyone who knows anything about it (and to all the others who dont, it just makes you look pretentious).

Its a bit like using your military rank on retirement - if you are not at least a Colonel, it just advertises the fact that you did NOT have a particularly distinguished career!

ugly

LE
I recall working for a firm that couldnt understand my lack of PNs. I relented and admitted GSM, they asked what it was and I replied Got Same Medal as ever other fecker!

oldbaldy

LE
Hector, Having read OBs link, your fat TA brickie is telling little porkies. I bet he was never even on ops. I'll be honest and say that, until I read that link, I had no idea there was a British MSM (The yanks have something with the same/a very similar nam that is given out a bit more frequently).

Leave poor Hector alone. He's going to be spending all week honing some really pithy line so he can "embarrass" some random bloke down the pub on Friday. Sad that he has so little in his life, but its obviously important to him. Bless.

ugly

LE
Besides it would surely merit an MiD rather than a whole gong?

Hector, Having read OBs link, your fat TA brickie is telling little porkies. I bet he was never even on ops. I'll be honest and say that, until I read that link, I had no idea there was a British MSM (The yanks have something with the same/a very similar nam that is given out a bit more frequently).
I used him on a few jobs, cracking bricklayer but **** me he hasnt half been in the wars! He has actually been on both Telic and Herrick and seemingly spent both tours in contact throughout judging by his dits but couldnt name which FOB he was at, soft **** had no idea I was ex forces, said he was at the Alamo in Musa Qala with PF in 2006, not sure what use they had for a craphat Signaller though, but like I said, a wizard with bricks and mortar.

Leave poor Hector alone. He's going to be spending all week honing some really pithy line so he can "embarrass" some random bloke down the pub on Friday. Sad that he has so little in his life, but its obviously important to him. Bless.
How droll, he is a mate, sort of, its allowed. You still competing for the coveted 'most boring **** on arrse' award? Your nose to nose with with another notable site quim.