Post nominal letters RAF VR(T)

Discussion in 'ACF' started by barneyrnsm, Sep 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where the rules and regs are for the use of post nominal letters? We have a new CFAV in our CCF who is using RAFVR(T) on all letters including those nothing to do with cadets. Yes he is a walt but I want to shoot him down with the quote from the relevant regs. Maybe JSP 313 or any other ideas,just tried on the internet and two hours later I am none the wiser about it.
    I was a submariner for 22 years and the only reason people know I was a submariner is my lack of tan,glow in the dark and the smell!

2. what a bellend. don't know rules and regulations but tell him I think he's a knob!

3. by the way, if you post it on ARRSE's officer forum you'll probably get a swift response.

4. Thought it was more of a cadet matter no?

5. Dunno... just ask him how his career's going impressing unmotivated 13 year olds.
    I was in the Mighty ATC.... it was enough to put me off a military career in light blue- there was an 22 year old Warrant Officer who loved to big his military career up (Lance jack in the late, unlamented Wessex Regiment, but he intimated an attachment to 21 SAS) to some less than enthralled space cadets.
    Fast forward 16 years to the International Festival Of the Sea in 2001, and I caught this by then Flt/Lt of the RAFVR(T) walting about with a pair of para wings on his sleeve.
    Bizarrely, he's now a Squadron Leader in the same organization, but I did find his name on the petition to Gordon Brown (texture like sun) claiming he'd been on the 5 Brigade staff....

Cnut.

6. I forgot to ask him if the Air Cadets were posted into 49 Para

7. Was the crab a full-time crab (or as full-time as crabs ever are) before joining the CCF and becoming VRT? If he used to be an Air Cdre or similar then perhaps its valid, if he's a pilot officer or was never a regular then it's not really justified.

8. I had a 'love myself to bits' Warrant Officer when I was a cadet who was in the Wessex Regiment and thought he'd been SAS...

whereabouts in the country were you?

9. No previous military experience what so ever except his dad was in the RAF in WW2

10. RAFVR(T) stands for Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve (Training) it is for Officers in charge of the Air Training Corps & the CCF (RAF) Section.

They are unpaid and work with cadets and do great work. I know a few Walty RAFVR(T) Officers who do actually think they are Guy Gibson Material. In the 1980's one guy used to have RAF Roundels on his bonnet and rear plate and used to fly a pennant from his house until he was advised to keep quiet.

99% of the RAFVR(T) are dead on but you get the odd muppet.

My cousin who was an RAF Armourer Cpl gave an RAFVR(T) Officer a dig in the face after he told him his shoes were not shiny enough and tried to show him up infront of cadets during a visit to the bomb dump.

Sadly folk can use RAFVR(T) as Post Noms but only the insecure ones do !

11. Give it a couple of years and see if he fashions himself RAFVR(T)(Ret).

12. we are trying to get rid of him maybe he will used ret!!

13. He's perfectly entitled to use the post noms, but it shows how insecure he is if he has to use it on non-official communications, then again on official stuff it's still pretty naff unless it's called for.

I think what you have here is someone who has no other "tin drums" to bang, so he bangs this one the loudest.

14. good way of describing it. Couldn't think of a way of describing it, that works.

I know an ACF Lt who, when doing forms on the web etc, ticks 'Other' in the Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Other box (designed for Rev'd etc) and fills it with Lt.

saddo. and yes, their life consists factually of little more, and in their mind consists of no more.