Post Kosovo medical issues...PB in an old battery factory; anyone affected?

Not me, obviously but a former PSI I know recently posted this rather worrying piece - I was wondering if it resonated with anyone; is it a one-off?

You remember tube up my nose picture. Well since first being posted sick in 2010, I was complaining of difficulty in swallowing (no jokes pse ).
Well today I’ve been told I’ve got 100% Oesophagus Immobility. In stupid terms, my pipe don’t work.
All the muscle constriction is vacant and neurologically dead/ not present/gone home/ absent without leave etc etc.
They can’t fix my hernia either because that would reduce stomach capacity and add further difficulty.
In short, no fix at all apart from trialing a drug purposed for something else
So since Kosovo have had cancer, got Polycthemia plus neurological damage with no evident causation to left side and now this.
Maybe using an abandoned Battery factory with its pools of leaking chemicals as a patrol base was possibly not the best decision

I was told the air was so bad in the pristina power station area it was put on medical reconds, went a couple of times it caught fore

The Norwegians were told that because of the air pollution from Obilic Power Station, Obilić - Wikipedia, that they were not to try and have children until 2 years post tour. Edited to add, this was because they were told their children will be born with deformities or disabilities.
We were told ‘the air quality is shit, live with it, it’s only 6 months’, that was a direct quote from the Div Med Officer

Last edited:
The Norwegians were told that because of the air pollution from Obilic Power Station, Obilić - Wikipedia, that they were not to try and have children until 2 years post tour. We were told ‘the air quality is shit, live with it, it’s only 6 months’, that was a direct quote from the Div Med Officer
The Norgies are so fertile that many of their wives would be 5 months pregnant when they got back from their 6 month tour.

OneTenner

Old-Salt
The Norwegians were told that because of the air pollution from Obilic Power Station, Obilić - Wikipedia, that they were not to try and have children until 2 years post tour. We were told ‘the air quality is shit, live with it, it’s only 6 months’, that was a direct quote from the Div Med Officer
There was a 250 man camp in Obilic, sometimes the 'fog' was so bad we had to walk in front of the vehicles to find the road, the open cast mine up the road which was producing brown coal for the power station had fires burning every day from spontenious combustion.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wasn't one of the female PTIs based there notorious for her fearsome (short) circuit training sessions?

She was a bit of a geezer bird. Probably AC/DC.

It was still there when I was there in 2011. Pretty glad I never got closer to it than driving past it, as it looked like a pretty grim place. Certainly not somewhere I'd want to be based for any length of time at all.

Edit, you can see it on the map here: Google Maps

Latest Threads