Post Issues

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by shots_in, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im hoping someone here maybe able to answer this question.

I live in a shared house that’s been turned into several flats. Last year I had a parcel delivered. It was signed for by someone else in the flat and never given to me. The company that sent it has washed there hands of it.

The sending company parcel force said they delivered to the right address and that’s all there obliged to do.

I sent a recorded delivery letter back to my address with the name of the person who signed for my package.

Giving my details asking for my package or the cost of the item.

I received an email from the person stating he received the package signed for it and left it in the lobby.

Can someone shed some light on what I can do as everyone seams to blame everyone else.

2. Numbnuts,

Its simples do the fecker in!

I hope this helps :wink:

Stilts

3. Unfortunately, there may be little you can do. When you entered into your contractual agreement with Parcel force you agreed that the parcel would be delivered to your address (the address and not a named person) and you also agreed that in the event of no one being at the specified address the delivery driver could leave it with a neighbour (parcel force terms and conditions). Parcel force undertook their part of this agreement. Your neighbour has said that he/she left the parcel in the communal area (they are under no obligation to hand deliver it to you and their only obligation is not to retain it as this would be theft). It appears that there are no grounds to suspect they did retain your parcel and it could have been removed by anyone with access to the communal area.
    The moral of the story is to ensure that valuable items are insured and/or you select a delivery method that specifies delivery to your address and a named person.

4. Arrr this coming from the shortest man in NATO.

i think the lil chav scum has sold it down cash converters !

5. I won the item in a compertition and had no choice who or how it was sent. does that change anything ?

6. Doubt it as somewhere buried deep in the competition rules it will say that the item will be despatched to you by post using a delivery company such as parcel force. The company running the competition will have entered into the contractual agreement with parcel force which will have been to deliver your parcel to flat 1 new street or if no one is in to collect it to deliver to a neighbours address which is what they did so they won't be liable. In all probability your neighbour has blagged it, but as I said earlier in the absence of any evidence that he has there's not a lot you can do. have you contacted the competition organisers, if it was valuable they may have insured it?

7. I have contacted them. it was an iphone so i hope the would have. they have been very unhelpful through out the whole complaint.

8. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Does that mean that every parcel you send via parcelforce you authorise them to leave it with a neighbour? I thougth your contract with them was to deliver it to the said recipiant and address, not another person in that locality? Is this hidden somewhere in their t and c's?

With royal mail, you can register at your local sorting office to say that oversized or signed items MUST be returned to the local office if theres no one at the address to sign for it, they wont leave any item for you but you dont lose things either

9. Surely the person who signed for it takes on responsibility, could you take them to the small claims court?

10. If they have retained the phones details (IMEI) number then you can have it blocked on UK networks.

11. icecold

icecold Clanker Reviewer

Do the company that ran the competition have the serial number of the iPhone? If so you might be able to get the police involved as the iPhone would have to be registered with both the carrier(ie Orange, O2 etc) and also Apple via iTunes, and the police may be able to trace the phone that way. Just a thought. In terms of your rights with regard to Parcel Force the other posters are correct, unless you were specifically named as the recipient and there was an instruction not to leave it with neighbours, then there is nothing you can do.

12. That’s what im trying to establish. The problem is no one wants to commit to anything.

13. What i do have is the name and a signature from that person confirming he recived that parcel from parcel force.

14. I'm afraid so - you agree that they can leave it with any neighbour and that in doing so they have fulfilled their part of the agreement.

PF T&C's
    2. Delivery to an address
    2.1 Parcelforce Worldwide undertakes to deliver to the address specified on the Consignment or in the despatch documentation, not to a Recipient, except that for International Deliveries in some countries delivery will be made to a local post office or postal depot.
    2.2 In respect of UK deliveries, if there is no-one at the address then:
    2.2.1 Parcelforce Worldwide may at its discretion attempt to deliver the Consignment to an alternative address being either:
    (i) a neighbouring address
    ; or
    (ii) a local Post Office branch, where it can be collected during the next 16 days; and
    2.2.2 if the Consignment is delivered to an alternative address, a Customer Contact Card will be left at the specified address which has been completed with sufficient details to enable the Recipient to recover the Consignment; and
    2.2.3 the Customer agrees that such delivery shall constitute delivery to the address specified as the delivery address on the Consignment.
    2.3 Parcelforce Worldwide does not undertake to intercept a Consignment in transit before delivery has been attempted.
    2.4 Parcelforce Worldwide shall not be liable in respect of any Consignment delivered to the delivery address or other address specified by the Recipient, where any person misrepresents his authority to receive the Consignment on the Recipient’s or Customer’s behalf; or where Parcelforce Worldwide is delivering it in accordance with instructions from, or purporting to be from the Recipient or the Customer.
    2.5 When delivering a Consignment, if the particular Service provides for it, Parcelforce Worldwide will request the person who accepts delivery (not necessarily the Recipient in person) to sign an acknowledgment of receipt, which may include signature by electronic means.
    2.6 Copies of the receipt referred to in 2.5 above, shall be available (subject to data protection requirements) for a period of six months from the date of delivery, subject to the payment of charges as published by Parcelforce Worldwide from time to time at www.parcelforce.com.
    2.7 PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses for any of the Services, unless designated as such at www.parcelforce.com

15. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for clarifying, wont be using PF again, Ill stick with UPS i think :D