Post from Bastion to the troops...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bravo_Bravo, Nov 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ... just seen this

"( I am ) really pissed off with the lazy shits in Bastion who only send forward the mail closest to the door of the ISO it is put in so the stuff that is oldest stays there and never gets forward. As a result only 3 parcels in 2 months instead of the 7 I know are in the post somewhere. Thanks G4 rear with your fresh food and flushing loos and wifi have a tough war NOT."

Is it just one whiney bloke or does it happen regularly?

2. It's always been the same since we've had REMF's on operations.

3. I'm not current but I've never had an issue with it, it could be that the OP is not aware of the restrictions on moving mail due to security. It was the case that mail could only move by air and not road and therefore it was competing for space on the aircraft against ammunition/food/equipment.

4. Seconded

5. Yeah the mail always arrived ontime when the infantry delivered it. :wink:

6. I was more alluding to the fact that more then a few REMF's don't give a flying fuck about the soldiers they are employed to support. Though i'm not tarring them all with the same bus before someone POL's the bus!

7. I agree with you actually, Bastion and Kaf were riddled with cunts. I hated dealing with the REME Bn trying to get work out of the fuckers was a nightmare as they were usually too busy organising fancy dress fun runs and nominating themselves for MBEs.

People tend to forget all too often that they only exist to support G3 and not to attempt to make themselves look good.

8. Didnt some wkshp foreman instruct various parts in the UK to be driven to london BFPO, to be sent out as mail FOC. The postys didnt want to deliver the front and rear axles in their satchels for some reason.

9. Thank f*ck for that, being tarred with a bus has got to sting :D :D

10. I chose to ignore the bus tarring.

11. It's only a small bus. :)

12. No.

13. Didnt someone some where send something from london to Sarajevo that the postys couldnt pick up, then?

14. Dry your eyes ya fannies, you would be complaining more if your bombs and bullets were left in Bastion cos the chopper was full of shower gel and sweets.

DONT YOU KNOW THERES A WAR ON?

15. My last tour of KAF was great, bed, toilets, showers, Timmy Hortons. No F*cking mail though because my name is Billy 8O