Post for American Arrsers

Probably best that you cancel the BBQ planned for next week as it looks like your fcuktard leaders are taking your kids, nephews and nieces to war in the Middle East again.

They tell you it will be just dropping a few bombs, firing a few missiles ..... but we have all just had 10 or more years of mission creep.

Do you really want this ? When you chat with your pals do the majority of them think its going to do some good ?

Or is your Democracy a farce and your elected Representatives do what serves them - not you ?

Thoughts on a postcard please.

I don't know one person here who thinks this is a good idea. Most support good guys over bad guys. Whenit is bad guys vs bad guys let them both kill each other.

I emailed and called my congressman and both of my Senators here in Massachusetts (Markey and Princess Fauxcahontas) despite knowing they will obediently follow the party line.

It is amuzing to see all the Hollywood types (Alec Baldwin, Sean Penn, Streisand etc) who publicly ranted when Bush went into Afghanistan and Iraq but now are totally silent.

By the way, can anyone remind me why Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize!

I don't know one person here who thinks this is a good idea. Most support good guys over bad guys. Whenit is bad guys vs bad guys let them both kill each other.

I emailed and called my congressman and both of my Senators here in Massachusetts (Markey and Princess Fauxcahontas) despite knowing they will obediently follow the party line.

It is amuzing to see all the Hollywood types (Alec Baldwin, Sean Penn, Streisand etc) who publicly ranted when Bush went into Afghanistan and Iraq but now are totally silent.

By the way, can anyone remind me why Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize!
Yeah, he was the messiah at the time and could do no wrong. That halo has fallen, (thank God) and at least some people are waking up, worldwide.

Judy

One hundred thousand dead and approximately two million DP as a result of conventional munitions and only now does faux outrage demand a response. And the response? Small scale, limited scope, short duration and to what purpose? I have struggled to find some rationale for this. And failed. Don't tell me Obama is so desperate to leave a legacy that he thinks that a strike against Syria and going mano a mano with Vlad the Impaler is a reasonable way to go?

One hundred thousand dead and approximately two million DP as a result of conventional munitions and only now does faux outrage demand a response. And the response? Small scale, limited scope, short duration and to what purpose? I have struggled to find some rationale for this. And failed. Don't tell me Obama is so desperate to leave a legacy that he thinks that a strike against Syria and going mano a mano with Vlad the Impaler is a reasonable way to go?
That's about what I thought. Killing and maiming civilians with conventional munitions is not a problem, however someone uses a bit of gas and teddies start flying. Neither means of killing are acceptable against non combatants.

Yeah, he was the messiah at the time and could do no wrong. That halo has fallen, (thank God) and at least some people are waking up, worldwide.

Judy
I , among others on here, have been wide awake since His immaculation, erm...inauguration.

That's about what I thought. Killing and maiming civilians with conventional munitions is not a problem, however someone uses a bit of gas and teddies start flying. Neither means of killing are acceptable against non combatants.
Have you not realized this is but more of the elaborate Kabuki theater to which we have been subjected for the last 5.5 years. He has never been what He and his fawning media sycophants have tried to portray Him as being. That He is unfit (for myriad reasons) for the job is manifest.

Just as a matter of historical interest, how long has it been since you guys last shot your president?
That is the LAST thing we need to happen--He is undeserving of the iconic status such an end would afford Him and given the horrible state of race relations that has deteriorated since He came on the national scene (He was to be the Great Healer remember), an assassination for political reasons would be morphed into a racial killing by His propaganda arm formerly known as the media.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
That is the LAST thing we need to happen--He is undeserving of the iconic status such an end would afford Him and given the horrible state of race relations that has deteriorated since He came on the national scene (He was to be the Great Healer remember), an assassination for political reasons would be morphed into a racial killing by His propaganda arm formerly known as the media.
So find a black guy to take him out.

I , among others on here, have been wide awake since His immaculation, erm...inauguration.
You have indeed been consistent JJH .

My posting this thread was to get a better feel of American opinion - in light of the recent unusual step by Barry.

He has ( in effect ) waived his right as Supreme Commander - to take his country to war.
He has ( in effect ) asked Congress to ratify his desire to go to war.
All those Congressmen are supposed to reflect the Democratic will of the majority of their electors.

If you Americans reckon consensus around you is ' no war in Syria ' and your Congressman votes ' Lets bomb the bastards' as DavidBOC suggests ie. toeing the Party line ...... what condition is your ' Democracy ' really in ?

it always fails to surprise me that when Kim kicks off and shells his neighbours, and lets face it he's been mass killing north Koreans since 1953, using execution, starvation and any other means at his disposal. The U.S. Army has a front seat view of all this and yet still North Korea get to do what they want, no chance of interference there, what is it, lack of oil, or maybe seeing those poor people eating grass to stay alive doesn't move America.

it always fails to surprise me that when Kim kicks off and shells his neighbours, and lets face it he's been mass killing north Koreans since 1953, using execution, starvation and any other means at his disposal. The U.S. Army has a front seat view of all this and yet still North Korea get to do what they want, no chance of interference there, what is it, lack of oil, or maybe seeing those poor people eating grass to stay alive doesn't move America.
China

My posting this thread was to get a better feel of American opinion - in light of the recent unusual step by Barry.

He has ( in effect ) waived his right as Supreme Commander - to take his country to war.
All those Congressmen are supposed to reflect the Democratic will of the majority of their electors.

If you Americans reckon consensus around you is ' no war in Syria ' and your Congressman votes ' Lets bomb the bastards' as DavidBOC suggests ie. toeing the Party line ...... what condition is your ' Democracy ' really in ?
Democracy is not about the elected representatives kow-towing to every fleeting topical public sentiment, but about them being chosen as the person who is most likely to represent their best interest at the national 'congress'.

All the same, in this case the anti-war opinion is an enduring thing, which should be a strong consideration for all those appointed by their electorates.

Have you not realized this is but more of the elaborate Kabuki theater to which we have been subjected for the last 5.5 years. He has never been what He and his fawning media sycophants have tried to portray Him as being. That He is unfit (for myriad reasons) for the job is manifest.
It's fair to say this is an utter shambles. Obama has been inept, policy wise Syria is an incoherent reactive mess. The hopey-changey critter who got a Nobel Peace Prize for being the unBush is now rerunning all the deceptive tropes of Team Cheney spin prior to the Baghdad cakewalk.

Barry's dithering, thrown off balance by the UK parliament's unexpected nay and his failure to gather any more support at the G-20. In order to cover his arse with support from hawks in the Senate and Congress is sliding towards a much broader probably disastrous US involvement than he seems to have intended. He's even spinning he never foolishly set a red line on CW, that was the "international community", you know the one that studiously ignored massive usage against the Iranian in the late 80s. He'll have dodged a bullet if Congress votes no but The Lobby now seems to have opted for prolonged civil war in Syria so it may squeak through.

Only upside is Barry has that fool Kerry by his side to make him look good. No AQ in Syria! Vlad is right the man's a third class liar.

Some of your answer lies in the very important but oft-overlooked distinction between a democracy and the Constitutional republic that America is.

This vital distinction, obscured today by the last 125 years of deficient civics education in our government schools (a purposeful facet of progressivism), was a huge issue when the form of our government was originally debated by our founders.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)