Post-COVID plans

Retiring fully at the end of June. Or maybe July, it's not nailed down yet. Counting the days nonetheless. SWMBO is talking about a road trip to visit the offspring. One down near Brizzle, one in Lunnun (or possibly Norn Iron if they move over there earlier) and one up in Northumbria. Looking forward to that.

Certainly not looking at any foreign travel in 2021, on the grounds that whilst the UK will be vaccinated soon enough, the vaccines don't make you bulletproof and who knows what any specific foreign government's position on travel might be in the coming months. Throw in the occasional mutated virus and a trouble-free, two-way trip on the silver bird up until Spring '22 could so easily be "flip of the coin" time. Stuff that, we've been dicked around enough of late.

As I've only done just over 6000 miles in the car this last 12 months, if nothing else the car will get a bit of an airing. I actually drove a short way on a motorway last week for the first time in god knows how long - strange feeling.

Retiring fully at the end of June. Or maybe July, it's not nailed down yet. Counting the days nonetheless. SWMBO is talking about a road trip to visit the offspring. One down near Brizzle, one in Lunnun (or possibly Norn Iron if they move over there earlier) and one up in Northumbria. Looking forward to that.

Certainly not looking at any foreign travel in 2021, on the grounds that whilst the UK will be vaccinated soon enough, the vaccines don't make you bulletproof and who knows what any specific foreign government's position on travel might be in the coming months. Throw in the occasional mutated virus and a trouble-free, two-way trip on the silver bird up until Spring '22 could so easily be "flip of the coin" time. Stuff that, we've been dicked around enough of late.

As I've only done just over 6000 miles in the car this last 12 months, if nothing else the car will get a bit of an airing. I actually drove a short way on a motorway last week for the first time in god knows how long - strange feeling.
I've done 15000 miles in my car during the pandemic.

I've done 15000 miles in my car during the pandemic.
What do you mean "my car". :rolleyes:

And you'd have done 30k in it if you hadn't spent half of each shift knocking out the zzs on a POP.

What do you mean "my car". :rolleyes:

And you'd have done 30k in it if you hadn't spent half of each shift knocking out the zzs on a POP.
My own personal car commuting to and from work. ;) I do 35-40000 a year across 4 different patrol cars.

I have this little lot to work through:

Muckleburgh Military collection

SATNAV: NR25 7EH , WEYBOURNE, NORFOLK, UK

Shuttleworth Collection

Shuttleworth

Old Warden Aerodrome

Nr Biggleswade

Bedfordshire SG18 9EP

Historic Dockyard Chatham

Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust,

1st Floor North, Fitted Rigging House

Anchor Wharf, The Historic Dockyard,

Chatham,

Kent ME4 4TZ

Norfolk Tank Museum

Forncett St Peter, NR16 1HZ

Royal Engineers Museum

Prince Arthur Road,

Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1UR

Tel: +44 (0)1634 822312

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Dover Castle.

The D Day Story

Clarence Esplanade

Portsmouth

England

PO5 3NT

Castletown D-Day Centre

Admiralty Buildings

Castletown

Portland

Dorset

DT5 1BD

HorsePower Museum

Peninsula Barracks

Romsey Road

Winchester

SO23 8TS

The Rifles Museum,

Peninsula Barracks,

Romsey Road,

Winchester

SO23 8TS

The Royal Hampshire Regiment Trust

Serle’s House

Southgate Street

Winchester

Hampshire SO23 9EG

Army Flying Museum,

Middle Wallop,

Stockbridge,

Hampshire,

SO20 8FB

Fleet Air Arm Museum

RNAS Yeovilton

BA22 8HW

Fort Nelson

Portsdown Hill Road

Fareham

United Kingdom

PO17 6AN

The Museum of Military Medicine

Keogh Barracks

Ash Vale

Aldershot

GU12 5RQ

The Museum of Technology

Throckenholt Farm

Old South Eau Bank

Spalding

Lincs.

PE12 0QR

RAF History Museum,

Manston Road,

Ramsgate,

Kent

CT12 5DF

REME MUSEUM

PRINCE PHILIP BARRACKS,

LYNEHAM,

CHIPPENHAM,

SN15 4XX

Armourgeddon Military Museum

Southfields Farm

Husbands Bosworth

Leicestershire,

LE17 6NW, UK

Battle of Britain Museum

Aerodrome Road
Hawkinge
Folkestone
Kent
CT18 7AG
England

Spitfire & Hurricane Memorial Museum

Manston Rd,

Ramsgate

CT12 5DF

Cobbaton Combat Collection

Chittlehampton
Umberleigh
N. Devon

EX37 9RZ
Phone 01769 540740

info@cobbatoncombat.co.u

Combined Military Services Museum

Station Road

Maldon

Essex CM9 4LQ

Telephone

01621 841826

SOFO Museum

Park Street

Woodstock

Oxfordshire

OX20 1SN

Phone and Email:

General Enquiries & Event Tickets: 01993 810 211

frontofhouse@sofo.org.uk

I have this little lot to work through:

Muckleburgh Military collection

SATNAV: NR25 7EH , WEYBOURNE, NORFOLK, UK

Shuttleworth Collection

Shuttleworth

Old Warden Aerodrome

Nr Biggleswade

Bedfordshire SG18 9EP

Historic Dockyard Chatham

Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust,

1st Floor North, Fitted Rigging House

Anchor Wharf, The Historic Dockyard,

Chatham,

Kent ME4 4TZ

Norfolk Tank Museum

Forncett St Peter, NR16 1HZ

Royal Engineers Museum

Prince Arthur Road,

Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1UR

Tel: +44 (0)1634 822312

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Dover Castle.

The D Day Story

Clarence Esplanade

Portsmouth

England

PO5 3NT

Castletown D-Day Centre

Admiralty Buildings

Castletown

Portland

Dorset

DT5 1BD

HorsePower Museum

Peninsula Barracks

Romsey Road

Winchester

SO23 8TS

The Rifles Museum,

Peninsula Barracks,

Romsey Road,

Winchester

SO23 8TS

The Royal Hampshire Regiment Trust

Serle’s House

Southgate Street

Winchester

Hampshire SO23 9EG

Army Flying Museum,

Middle Wallop,

Stockbridge,

Hampshire,

SO20 8FB

Fleet Air Arm Museum

RNAS Yeovilton

BA22 8HW

Fort Nelson

Portsdown Hill Road

Fareham

United Kingdom

PO17 6AN

The Museum of Military Medicine

Keogh Barracks

Ash Vale

Aldershot

GU12 5RQ

The Museum of Technology

Throckenholt Farm

Old South Eau Bank

Spalding

Lincs.

PE12 0QR

RAF History Museum,

Manston Road,

Ramsgate,

Kent

CT12 5DF

REME MUSEUM

PRINCE PHILIP BARRACKS,

LYNEHAM,

CHIPPENHAM,

SN15 4XX

Armourgeddon Military Museum

Southfields Farm

Husbands Bosworth

Leicestershire,

LE17 6NW, UK

Battle of Britain Museum

Aerodrome Road
Hawkinge
Folkestone
Kent
CT18 7AG
England

Spitfire & Hurricane Memorial Museum

Manston Rd,

Ramsgate

CT12 5DF

Cobbaton Combat Collection

Chittlehampton
Umberleigh
N. Devon

EX37 9RZ
Phone 01769 540740

info@cobbatoncombat.co.u

Combined Military Services Museum

Station Road

Maldon

Essex CM9 4LQ

Telephone

01621 841826

SOFO Museum

Park Street

Woodstock

Oxfordshire

OX20 1SN

Phone and Email:

General Enquiries & Event Tickets: 01993 810 211

frontofhouse@sofo.org.uk
No pub?

Lightweight.

No pub?

Lightweight.

Why do you think i travel the country going to museums?

I’ve been thinking of putting some information for wheelchair users a vlog or blog, something like that.

Divorcing the evil cow I am married to sounds good to me the solicitor has the papers ready to go. Day one of post lock down she is most definitely getting the good news and so will the twat that is or was banging her, well as soon as he gets back to the uk.

Why do you think i travel the country going to museums?

I’ve been thinking of putting some information for wheelchair users a vlog or blog, something like that.
An ARRSEr doing something useful?
What is the world coming to!

Divorcing the evil cow I am married to sounds good to me the solicitor has the papers ready to go. Day one of post lock down she is most definitely getting the good news and so will the twat that is or was banging her, well as soon as he gets back to the uk.
Mine keeps threatening to leave, you can imagine my disappointment every time I get home to find her still there!

Don't know. Many of my secret places for cycling or fishing or just creeping around off the beaten track have been discovered by the lockdown morlocks and filled with litter and morons. I have begun to enjoy less contact with fewer people. A quiet couple of beers in the shed with a mate seems OK I won't be rushing out as it hasn't gone away. A friends collage mate passed today of covid nothing else. Mid 40s two kids.

What kind of odds are you offering?

I'm hoping for the triathlon season to start again this summer, although, not having done any swimming for a year now, it could be ugly.

Come back to Texarrse, that twat Abbott is letting all the retards run around as if it is business as usual from next week...........no masks required, officially.

Being cautiously optimistic, now there appears to be a slight glimmer of light at the end of the COVID tunnel, the thoughts of some are turning to 'What to do once the threat recedes into the background?' [hopefully].

I had my wedding disrupted (4 different dates, followed by a quick ceremony before lockdown came back) and will [hopefully] be having a celebration in December - and a twice-postponed, and now cancelled, honeymoon which we'll look at doing sometime in 2022.

I'm also looking at doing Marathon du Medoc (a Marathon with 23 wine-tasting stops) in 2022. (Official rules - Marathon du Médoc)

Finally, I'm looking forward to working from home 3 days a week rather than 5.

What's anyone else considering? Back to shouting at pigeons from a non-social distance? Doorknob licking World Championships? Or just sitting in the pub, with mates?

Sorry to hear about your bolloxed wedding and nuptials. I hope it all gets sorted to both your satisfaction.:)

I was going to go off adventure motorcycling last year in the back of beyond in a couple of States. Camp sites were all closed so that didn't happen. However, mid-April I am planning on heading down to Big bend in Texarrse down by the Mexican border, it is planned as a shakedown run for future travels. The intent is to attack some desert'ish and mountain'ish terrain for a few days. I want to make sure the kit all works and is fit for purpose before doing some of the more isolated Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR's) in New Mexico and Arizona.

Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) Maps & Information Plenty of youtubes for BDR's if anyone wants to look.

WALT

LE
I'm hoping to make a trip to the UK as soon as possible with my daughter. She's just turned three and the grandparents still haven't met her.
Should be interesting though, she's German and I'm still Brit. Have to find out what we all need in paperwork.
All the old buggers have to do until then is stay alive.