Post-COVID plans

Being cautiously optimistic, now there appears to be a slight glimmer of light at the end of the COVID tunnel, the thoughts of some are turning to 'What to do once the threat recedes into the background?' [hopefully].

I had my wedding disrupted (4 different dates, followed by a quick ceremony before lockdown came back) and will [hopefully] be having a celebration in December - and a twice-postponed, and now cancelled, honeymoon which we'll look at doing sometime in 2022.

I'm also looking at doing Marathon du Medoc (a Marathon with 23 wine-tasting stops) in 2022. (Official rules - Marathon du Médoc)

Finally, I'm looking forward to working from home 3 days a week rather than 5.

What's anyone else considering? Back to shouting at pigeons from a non-social distance? Doorknob licking World Championships? Or just sitting in the pub, with mates?

ches

LE
Being able to travel abroad as soon as the decision on how the vaccine will be recognised internationally. We're usually doing two holidays/short breaks a year & have missed that.
As well as being able to go out & eat/drink in a relatively normal environment. Looking forward to museums/galleries/libraries re-opening.
However i think all this will be underpinned by having to wear masks all the time & also the social distancing.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
Resuming my Sunday League football "career" (s***show); taking my missus out for a proper meal in decent restaurant.

I think you folks have been in lockdown for far to long.

I look forward to flying without a mask this summer.
I don't mind too much - people staying away from other people = less transmission of virus; however I acknowledge that I am extremely lucky in that I have been able to carry on with my normal job during the pandemic - I've had freinds become unemployed / their businesses collapse who haven't been, so I hope this is the once / for all.

However - this isn't (another) thread on the merits / troubles with lockdown, so - Planning on going anywhere nice?

I don't mind too much - people staying away from other people = less transmission of virus; however I acknowledge that I am extremely lucky in that I have been able to carry on with my normal job during the pandemic - I've had freinds become unemployed / their businesses collapse who haven't been, so I hope this is the once / for all.

However - this isn't (another) thread on the merits / troubles with lockdown, so - Planning on going anywhere nice?
Sunset beach in the beginning of August. Tickets are bought and hotel room booked.

Would like to go to Rodizios at some point in FOCO.

I would imagine we will doing quite a bit of pheasant hunting this fall, my brother got a new hound and Rip will need to be learned. It’s terrible being forced to help train the new dog and shoot birds.

Will see how Revolution 2021 goes, but I imagine higher energy prices will curtail the weekend road trips a bit.

For me it's the small things you hardly noticed before it all went tits up.

I married in to a large extended West Country crew of compulsive breeders - herself is one of eight - who all have families of their own and live within a five mile circle of villages and hamlets and are a very sociable bunch.

Getting back into routine of people dropping in for a chat, doing the rugby/cricket juniors thing with the grand kids, bumping into people you know in the pub, early morning snorkelling trips at Kimmeridge Bay, blimey the list goes on and on.

Nothing dramatic, just desperately looking forward to restarting the heartbeat of a bloody good life, really.

Daz

LE
Doing some indoor photography around the various museums rather than taking pictures down the beach or up the mountains

I think you folks have been in lockdown for far to long.

I look forward to flying without a mask this summer.

That’d because you are American and therefore stupid.

RedDinger

War Hero
I'm retiring. I put my 3 months notice in as soon as they announced we could go to the pub in May.

Only thing cancelled as such has been a Pyrenees charity endurance challenge which has been cancelled for two years now. Hopefully will go ahead in 22.

Other than that, it's been the usual lack of travelling - we'd usually have a handful of 3-4 day breaks around Europe - but we'll have to see how the actual act of travelling changes now - Flying is a naus at the best of times, if it gets much worse then we'll have to look at different options.

Other than that, normal jogging really.

endure

GCM
I'm going to eat the biggest plate of Pad Thai known to man...

Don't be so scared, odds are you would survive it.
What kind of odds are you offering?

I'm hoping for the triathlon season to start again this summer, although, not having done any swimming for a year now, it could be ugly.

What kind of odds are you offering?

I'm hoping for the triathlon season to start again this summer, although, not having done any swimming for a year now, it could be ugly.
I have no idea what Dingerr's health is like, but I would imagine he is a stout fella. So 95 percent or better he doesn't cork it.

Latest Threads