Post Covid BUSINESS DEAD POOL

in a short drive to pick up stuff on order from Screw Fix on Monday (a company that's gone down hill since it merged with B&Q) my suspension warning light came on in the BMW followed by a distinct seat of the pants driving. My rear suspension had packed up, None of the garages were open locally but I rang one company where we'd bought a Punto for our son. The guy picked up the car, put it on the ramp, sourced a replacement unit, and will install it tomorrow. Or I could have gone to the snotty BMW dealers, spoken to the staff who don't know their products and been charged a Kings Ransom to have the parts replaced and get billed for a not-asked-for valet as well.

I will be supporting local as much as I can.
£370 to replace both air suspension units. A bargain! Try over £1200 at the BMW dealership.

Chef

LE
in a short drive to pick up stuff on order from Screw Fix on Monday (a company that's gone down hill since it merged with B&Q) my suspension warning light came on in the BMW followed by a distinct seat of the pants driving. My rear suspension had packed up, None of the garages were open locally but I rang one company where we'd bought a Punto for our son. The guy picked up the car, put it on the ramp, sourced a replacement unit, and will install it tomorrow. Or I could have gone to the snotty BMW dealers, spoken to the staff who don't know their products and been charged a Kings Ransom to have the parts replaced and get billed for a not-asked-for valet as well.

I will be supporting local as much as I can.
A few years back the microchip on my BMW RS100 went. New chip £120. BiL who worked for the AA notes the Bosch part number looks it up. Priced at £60.

'Wait a minute' Quoth he 'It's a starred item in the AA give me the old one and I get a discount for it'.

End price? £36.

Wait until everything ismicro chipped to the car and then watch prices go through, the already high, roof.

Perhaps so but they are a client and it's Waitrose who are in charge...
I've worked for Waitrose, very switched on they are too

They used to be be two separate entities under the one Partnership. Two head offices (JL next to Victoria Stn, Waitrose in Bracknell), two IT departments , two personnel departments etc.

New chief exec comes in and says, it's madness. Think of the economies of scale and the reduction in duplication. For years Waitrose profits have been propping up the department stores who have overexpanded and been hit by online competition. Meanwhile Waitrose is suffering the effects of the march of the discounters.

I'd hate to see them disappear, after all the department stores keep the chavs away from Selfridges and Harvey Nics, and Waitrose keep them out of Fortnum and Masons

One business that is booming; HGV driver training schools. The one I do part time instructing for in South Wales has deposits taken for courses until nearly Christmas. We can't train yet as the examiners aren't back to work yet but we expect a change there next week.

A lot of the trainees have got redundancy money on the way and need a new career.

morsk

LE
Are they spastic enough to spell their name incorrectly?
Sorry professor. Must be fantastic to have never once made a spelling mistake in your life.

Latest Threads