Post Christmas....

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Praetorian, Jan 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else suffering from the post-Xmas motivation shortage? Its getting to be like a chore to go running now, when I used to enjoy it!

Still, give it a few more days, ill be back to normal.

As an aside, a load of people I know are doing a January de-tox, no alchohol for the month. Does anyone know the benefits of this, however obvious?

Prae

2. I know how you feel, I have been trying to motivate myself since Xmas 2005!!

3. Only wish i could go for a run but i've got the flu :-(

4. Me too - (not the flu MrsSting, I hope you feel better soon) - really struggling to get back into it, I can feel the tubby middle getting bigger by the day!

I'll start in earnest tomorrow!!

5. I tried the no alchohol detox thing after New Years Eve but the sudden arrival of reality into my life was most unwelcome and drink was rapidly taken resulting in a swift return to normality.

6. New Years resolution , try not to consume alcohol between the hours of 2 am to 11am since New Year. I did slip nearly once but decided to wait for an early lunch and had the Jack Daniels at 1130hrs rather than breakfast at 1030hrs. All going well so far :pissed:

7. I'm sure I'll get motivated on Monday morning when I try to shoehorn my fat arse into my suit to go back to work and have the discomfort of it cutting into my new side fat.

Its either lose some Xmas weight or buy a new suit. I'm too tight to buy a new suit.

8. new years res,,only drink fruit juice,,,so red wine it is then,,,,he he he...

9. There's a real lethargy going around everywhere, these days. Nobody seems to be arrsed to do anything, not just phys. The shitty weather plays its part, no doubt, but national morale seems to have taken a real dent.

10. PT, Mon morning at 0630 :cry: Oh fecking joy!

11. LOL I think all my christmas tubby is going now that I've got the flu...cant keep anything down :pukel:

Anyway only 7 weeks to go till basic, are you getting excited?

12. Yeah, I am! Started buying all my stuff yesterday, and ready to leave work! Booked a nice hot hol as well for before we start!

Its looking like a good year!

13. where you going? Mr_sting is on R&R before I go so we're heading off to New York, cant fricking wait :boogie: . I need a good fricking holiday :D

14. And back on topic.......

15. sorry :D so how is everyone getting on then?