Post carnival rioting

nearly a million people have a good time
40 cretins at the end 300 overall nicked

151 before trouble started good effort met
so yeah I think thats acceptable

It is an important event as it celebrates ethnic diversity and allows us to experience other cultures favourite pastimes such as rape robbery and disdain for civilised behaviour.

If they can ban remembrance parades on the grounds of "Elf & Safety" it puzzles me that this annual crimefest isn't banned on similar grounds.

Anyway, the weekly cull of teenagers is also becoming a regular London event.

Contrarian said:
Can we really afford to pay for the policing and clean-up efforts considering the diminishing tax base and virtual bankruptcy of the country? If large numbers of revellers of the Notting Hill carnival can't behave themselves, then is it time to ban the event?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video
Either ban it or get the organisers to pay the full amount for policing and clear-up. Under Comrade Ken they have got away with paying just a small % on the grounds that the event "improved cultural understanding".

Yet some RBL Remembrance parades attract a fee from the local council AND the constabulary...

still21inmymind said:
Yet some RBL Remembrance parades attract a fee from the local council AND the constabulary...
Ah but you see the RBL Rememberence Parades are percieved to cater for those nasty racist, homophobic, mysogonist dinosaurs.

nice big bit of overtime though...double pay for shifts that often go beyond 12 hours! hooray!

rebel_with_a_cause said:
still21inmymind said:
Ah but you see the RBL Rememberence Parades are percieved to cater for those nasty racist, homophobic, mysogonist dinosaurs.
Gotcher. What a cilly sunt I am.

By the way I am not homophobic. I don't like them but I am not frightened of them. :wink:

rebel_with_a_cause said:
By the way I am not homophobic. I don't like them but I am not frightened of them. :wink:
Even the bravest of the brave would baulk at admittting to being a homophobe nowadays, for fear of offending the uphill gardeners and shirt lifters. :)

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Contrarian said:
Can we really afford to pay for the policing and clean-up efforts considering the diminishing tax base and virtual bankruptcy of the country? If large numbers of revellers of the Notting Hill carnival can't behave themselves, then is it time to ban the event?
You want to do the same with football matches do you?

TheIronDuke said:
Contrarian said:
Yep.

just for the record, the whole sorry affair is an absolute disaster every year and gets worse every year. I spent five years on the trot policing "carnival" several years ago, and I hated every minute of it, justlike every other copper with an ounce of sense. Surrounded by thousands of whooping screaming banged out of their head ethnic nutcases, completely powerless to do anything when there are only two of you to each street. The reports never properly reflect the sheer terror experienced by many people, home owners leave the city having barricaded their doors and windows, Coppers are always attacked and injured, the place is wrecked and takes weeks to return to normal. If this was a parade for England, or simply for white indigenous folk, it would never happen. It repesents everything I hate in this once great land of ours, and the sooner it's sacked the better.

I feel for you London coppers really I do, perhaps if you had all been a bit less aggressive you could police countryside rallies and marches where there was no violence that you didn't start and which the Westminster Council workers could not believe had tidied up after themselves? Then again if you don't want to police by consensus anymore, why bother being nice to the white middle and working classes of the shires? Just give 'em as many FP tickets as you can and sod the lot of them...

TheIronDuke said:
Contrarian said:
Football clubs are billed for the policing, why is an exception made for Notting Hill?

Is it cos dey is black?

creepy said:
just for the record, the whole sorry affair is an absolute disaster every year and gets worse every year. I spent five years on the trot policing "carnival" several years ago, and I hated every minute of it, justlike every other copper with an ounce of sense. Surrounded by thousands of whooping screaming banged out of their head ethnic nutcases, completely powerless to do anything when there are only two of you to each street. The reports never properly reflect the sheer terror experienced by many people, home owners leave the city having barricaded their doors and windows, Coppers are always attacked and injured, the place is wrecked and takes weeks to return to normal. If this was a parade for England, or simply for white indigenous folk, it would never happen. It repesents everything I hate in this once great land of ours, and the sooner it's sacked the better.
Just for the record, most people wouldn't recognise the picture you paint.

It's not really "for" any particular group and attracts huge numbers of "white indigenous folk".

I never thought I would think or write this but I was depressed to see so many of your former colleagues carrying out random stop and searches on various youths for no obvious reason other, I don't know, than suspicion of Wearing Caps While Being Black or something.

Groups would suddenly pile into the procession, hoik out some kids who appeared to be minding their own business and then search them in full public view. They didn't seem to find anything on any of the kids we saw them searching but it looked pretty embarassing and humiliating.

I appreciate the need to maintain order and public safety and am well aware that weapons were recovered. I have also in the past been quite scornful of criticisms of stop and search - but this all looked very clumsy and heavy handed, and a good way of maintaining an unfavourable disposition towards the police amongst those that it would be worth trying to get onside.

The_Cad said:
TheIronDuke said:
Contrarian said:
Football clubs are billed for the policing, why is an exception made for Notting Hill?

Is it cos dey is black?
Is it because they is multi-million pound businesses who attract relatively small crowds who nevertheless cause a disproportionate amount of trouble, and who can therefore be billed for the associated cost?

clownbasher said:
creepy said:
Just for the record, most people wouldn't recognise the picture you paint.

It's not really "for" any particular group and attracts huge numbers of "white indigenous folk".

I never thought I would think or write this but I was depressed to see so many of your former colleagues carrying out random stop and searches on various youths for no obvious reason other, I don't know, than suspicion of Wearing Caps While Being Black or something.

Groups would suddenly pile into the procession, hoik out some kids who appeared to be minding their own business and then search them in full public view. They didn't seem to find anything on any of the kids we saw them searching but it looked pretty embarassing and humiliating.

I appreciate the need to maintain order and public safety and am well aware that weapons were recovered. I have also in the past been quite scornful of criticisms of stop and search - but this all looked very clumsy and heavy handed, and a good way of maintaining an unfavourable disposition towards the police amongst those that it would be worth trying to get onside.
Alternatively the Police can just ignore stop and search and recover the bodies post carnival.