Post carnival rioting

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Contrarian, Aug 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can we really afford to pay for the policing and clean-up efforts considering the diminishing tax base and virtual bankruptcy of the country? If large numbers of revellers of the Notting Hill carnival can't behave themselves, then is it time to ban the event?
  2. nearly a million people have a good time
    40 cretins at the end 300 overall nicked

151 before trouble started good effort met
    so yeah I think thats acceptable
  3. It is an important event as it celebrates ethnic diversity and allows us to experience other cultures favourite pastimes such as rape robbery and disdain for civilised behaviour.
  4. If they can ban remembrance parades on the grounds of "Elf & Safety" it puzzles me that this annual crimefest isn't banned on similar grounds.

Anyway, the weekly cull of teenagers is also becoming a regular London event.
  5. Either ban it or get the organisers to pay the full amount for policing and clear-up. Under Comrade Ken they have got away with paying just a small % on the grounds that the event "improved cultural understanding".
  6. And not a foppish floppy haired 40 something Englishman in sight!
  7. Yet some RBL Remembrance parades attract a fee from the local council AND the constabulary...
  8. One report said it cost 6 million english quids to police this event which every year is, as someone has said a "crimefest".

Ban it.
  9. Ah but you see the RBL Rememberence Parades are percieved to cater for those nasty racist, homophobic, mysogonist dinosaurs.
  10. nice big bit of overtime though...double pay for shifts that often go beyond 12 hours! hooray!
  11. Gotcher. What a cilly sunt I am.
  12. By the way I am not homophobic. I don't like them but I am not frightened of them. :wink:
  13. Even the bravest of the brave would baulk at admittting to being a homophobe nowadays, for fear of offending the uphill gardeners and shirt lifters. :)
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You want to do the same with football matches do you?
  15. Yep.