Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Post Brexit Free Trade Deal With USA.

Somehow I would imagine you are the ones who are about to run into the brick wall called "reality". Ain't nothing for free son.
The point of a trade deal is mutual enrichment at the expense of those without trade deals. Only a fecking moron thinks it's about 'pay up'. I'm sure your chaps are a lot more versed in these matters than you.

The point of a trade deal is mutual enrichment at the expense of those without trade deals. Only a fecking moron thinks it's about 'pay up'. I'm sure your chaps are a lot more versed in these matters than you.

Perhaps you should read then. So you are not flying blind.

Perhaps you should read then. So you are not flying blind.
We bit of we don't need a fecking trade deal is escaping you? If its mutually good it will go through. If it's onesided on either side it won't. If the latter we just carry on as we are and RoW who do sign deals take the opportunities US firms could have had.

No biggy either way.

We bit of we don't need a fecking trade deal is escaping you? If its mutually good it will go through. If it's onesided on either side it won't. If the latter we just carry on as we are and RoW who do sign deals take the opportunities US firms could have had.

No biggy either way.

But you do need a trade deal...

The Pound has already started to fall, and the real battle has yet to even begin. You have 11 months to get affairs in order and these kinds of deals normally take years.

But you do need a trade deal...

The Pound has already started to fall, and the real battle has yet to even begin. You have 11 months to get affairs in order and these kinds of deals normally take years.
We need trade deals sure. We don't need them with any particular country. Just the ones that see the opportunity for mutual benefit. I hope that will include the US. If not it is your loss not ours.

We need trade deals sure. We don't need them with any particular country. Just the ones that see the opportunity for mutual benefit. I hope that will include the US. If not it is your loss not ours.

But if you are not willing to open up sectors of your market, how is that mutually beneficial? That is a rather one sided affair don't you think? If you allow us to in your agricultural sector don't you think your farmers would like to the same benefit in exchange?

I am sure your automobile industry would also like to avoid being the subject of tariffs and not go the way of the German car industry.

You have to be willing to wheel and deal.

But if you are not willing to open up sectors of your market, how is that mutually beneficial? That is a rather one sided affair don't you think? If you allow us to in your agricultural sector don't you think your farmers would like to the same benefit in exchange?

I am sure your automobile industry would also like to avoid being the subject of tariffs and not go the way of the German car industry.

You have to be willing to wheel and deal.
Indeed which we will be. With all interested parties. Anyone who offers mutually beneficial deals will be getting rich. Anyone who offers threats like the EU won't. I'm sure that despite your personal do as we say goddamnit wah on the subject the US will fall into the first team.

Indeed which we will be. With all interested parties. Anyone who offers mutually beneficial deals will be getting rich. Anyone who offers threats like the EU won't. I'm sure that despite your personal do as we say goddamnit wah on the subject the US will fall into the first team.

Except you seem to blind to the obvious statements about American interests that have been clearly stated for months pre Brexit. Congress is not Trump, they will out last him. Your version of take what the UK has to offer is only going to get you sent back to the children's table by our folks who sit at the adult table until you are willing to be reasonable.

Except you seem to blind to the obvious statements about American interests that have been clearly stated for months pre Brexit. Congress is not Trump, they will out last him. Your version of take what the UK has to offer is only going to get you sent back to the children's table by our folks who sit at the adult table until you are willing to be reasonable.
And "reasonable" in US eyes is what, precisely ?

And "reasonable" in US eyes is what, precisely ?

Opening up your agricultural sector and pharmaceuticals at this point in the game. Nobody wants to take over the NHS and run it, but selling things at American rates is on the table now. Then you can also enjoy the wonders of American produce and livestock.

Are you fecking thick?

You are one of many nations we are in discussions with. IF you offer a mutually beneficial deal you'll be among the winners. If you don't you won't. We will be offering reciprocity to serious nations, we won't be getting fecked by anyone.