Post army jobs?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by here_be_mike, Nov 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before but forum search functions don’t really like me, and also if it’s the wrong section as it seemed more relevant in here than “Outside the wire”.

Anyway I'm in the 3rd year of my degree (Chemical Engineering) and giving some serious thought of joining the Army after it (Already in my local OTC). I’m wondering what kinds of job opportunities are available to an officer after leaving the army, I’ve already spoken to my department and they said id very easily get a management job within the chemical industry but couldn’t expand further as this isn’t something they are regularly asked. So I’m wondering what other doors are opened to me away from the chemical industry with so many years in the army behind me, both relevant and not to an army career, also interesting/fun examples are more than welcome :D

Thanks in advance

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

How about getting into the Army and earning the right to awarded the Queen's commission first? Planning your second career before your first might just be a little presumptous, perhaps - maybe?

3. you could always work for the russians....they like chemical engrs