Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly transfer for 7RHA to para

Hello, I am about to join 7 para RHA once I finish phase 2, only about 2 weeks left here at larkhill. This isn’t something I’m too bothered about or even something I want to do I’m just enquiring to see if it would be possible or if anyone knows if, once you’ve done p coy and your jumps qualified, is it possible to transfer to 2/3 para regt at all? Could be interested in that in the future, given I actually pass the beat up and p coy.
Anyway cheers for reading!

This isn’t something I’m too bothered about or even something I want to do
It takes a lot of hard work and committment to pass All Arms P Company. Do you really think that you will pass if you you are not too bothered or its not even something that you want to do. Certainly not if the P Company staff get a hint of that attitude. You can get to the end of the course and they can still fail you.

Last edited:
It takes a lot of hard work and committment to pass All Arms P Company. Do you really think that you will pass if you you are not too bothered or its not even something that you want to do. Certainly not if the P Company staff get a hint of that attitude. You can get to the end of the course and they can still fail you.
Think you’ve taken what I’ve said in the wrong context, what I was trying to say was I’m not 100% sure that moving from 7 para RHA to an infantry para reg is something I want to do yet, the whole reason for this post was to enquire to see if it was at all possible/ has been done before for future reference. My whole life I’ve wanted to join 7 para, I wasn’t saying that I’m not committed to passing p coy I’ve trained for years to try and pass this course. Thanks.

I don't know why you'd want to trade down, but its been done in the past.
Ok thank you. This post was purely just out of curiosity really, think what I had said has been taken the wrong way which was my fault for the way it was wrote.
Thanks again!

4(T)

LE
Ok thank you. This post was purely just out of curiosity really, think what I had said has been taken the wrong way which was my fault for the way it was wrote.
Thanks again!

Never be afraid to ask questions; just develop a thick skin and get used to Arrse-type responses!

Chill out and enjoy your posting. You're going to a top-tier unit, and you'll learn a tremendous amount in a short space of time, not least what future career opportunities you have.

You'll find that you can do anything in 7 Para RHA that you might have wanted to do in para - and much more besides. Obviously you'll be more guns/missiles than section battle drills most of time, but there will typically be plenty of opportunity to do inf-type work if thats your thing. In any case, your battery will work closely with its para bn, so you'll get to see the other side of the fence.

I'm not in a position to confirm the current situation, but transfers did happen in the past - although most of the ones I recall were from other arms to 7 Para RHA.

Never be afraid to ask questions; just develop a thick skin and get used to Arrse-type responses!

Chill out and enjoy your posting. You're going to a top-tier unit, and you'll learn a tremendous amount in a short space of time, not least what future career opportunities you have.

You'll find that you can do anything in 7 Para RHA that you might have wanted to do in para - and much more besides. Obviously you'll be more guns/missiles than section battle drills most of time, but there will typically be plenty of opportunity to do inf-type work if thats your thing. In any case, your battery will work closely with its para bn, so you'll get to see the other side of the fence.

I'm not in a position to confirm the current situation, but transfers did happen in the past - although most of the ones I recall were from other arms to 7 Para RHA.
Thank you, I do think the way I wrote it made it sound as if I wasn’t too keen on joining 7 para RHA which wasn’t my intention.

Appreciate that and the advice, that has cleared up the questions I had really. It was more just pure curiosity, I could join an FST too which is more infantry based work than guns if I’m not mistaken? Could be wrong. I am very excited to join 7 para RHA worked extremely hard for this over the past few years and even more so now, given all the current virus situation training has been more difficult.

Thanks again for your reply, interesting to see what people know about 7 para RHA.

Thank you, I do think the way I wrote it made it sound as if I wasn’t too keen on joining 7 para RHA which wasn’t my intention.

Appreciate that and the advice, that has cleared up the questions I had really. It was more just pure curiosity, I could join an FST too which is more infantry based work than guns if I’m not mistaken? Could be wrong. I am very excited to join 7 para RHA worked extremely hard for this over the past few years and even more so now, given all the current virus situation training has been more difficult.

Thanks again for your reply, interesting to see what people know about 7 para RHA.
If you want a change after a few years in 7 Para RHA you could do the AACC and go to 148 Bty RA via 29 Cdo. It looks like an Ally job.

My goodness 7th para, donkey wallers hardest drinkers in the UK forces, even out drink the navy

Latest Threads