Possible Way Back In.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExRfn

Crow
Hi all.
Ex TA here, left 15 years ago. Really want to get back in to the military, serve and possibly help with MACA or overseas operations. Wishing to join the Regulars, TA or reserves, even the RAF or Navy. Problem is I have H1 H8 hearing. I tried to get back in back in 2012 but Capita started and messed up my papers after training within a unit for 9 months. Anyway that's was a shit sandwich and forgotten now. Since then I lost some hearing in my right ear and I know it's always been a deferral and no way in. So I am asking if with the latest recruitment shortages and crisis with COVID19, are there any units which may consider taking me on. I would be MLD status and I am hoping some Corps are taking recruits case by case? I am physically and mentally fit so if anyone can advice me that would be appreciated! I realise almost all would decline me because of the minimum standards but if theres a chance with any units I would immediately step up.
Many thanks in advance...
Rob

Endoscope

War Hero
Hi all.
Ex TA here, left 15 years ago. Really want to get back in to the military, serve and possibly help with MACA or overseas operations. Wishing to join the Regulars, TA or reserves, even the RAF or Navy. Problem is I have H1 H8 hearing. I tried to get back in back in 2012 but Capita started and messed up my papers after training within a unit for 9 months. Anyway that's was a shit sandwich and forgotten now. Since then I lost some hearing in my right ear and I know it's always been a deferral and no way in. So I am asking if with the latest recruitment shortages and crisis with COVID19, are there any units which may consider taking me on. I would be MLD status and I am hoping some Corps are taking recruits case by case? I am physically and mentally fit so if anyone can advice me that would be appreciated! I realise almost all would decline me because of the minimum standards but if theres a chance with any units I would immediately step up.
Rob
Wouldnt have thought so mate... the "standards" are pretty much universal and, with the greatest of respect, you're not "physically and mentally fit"

Hi all.
Rob
MPGS take some people on the biff but not with a 15 year gap, other than that unless you have a civilian qual that the Army desperately needs then there is probably no chance.

Whilst you think there is a need for soldiers in the present crisis by the time you go through the Capita hoops and "persuade" the powers that be to accept you medically, all this Beer Virus will be long gone in the military mind as people will have got their sh1t together and not need the military on its 3rd, 4th or 5th round of lockdowns. They are actually sending guys home at present half way through training so not desperately needed anyway.....i know this as CH minor is home from Catterick half way through training, lounging on his bed playing COD, odd run everynow and then via Strava so the DS see he isnt on Level 23 Prestige and gets some homework to do which he rings me up to answer!!

Have you considered becoming an instructor with the cadets? Still a bit of a military connection, but I'm pretty sure the medical standards (if there are any?) are a bit more relaxed.

arcticfox042

War Hero
When I failed the medical to rejoin I phoned RMR London and spoke to the unit Sergeant Major , he said can you hear me now? I said yes he said get down here and draw your G10..... 19yrs later leaving do in the mess.....

Hi all.
Rob

H8 is medically unfit for regular service, let alone rejoining.

H4 is below the level for entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads