Possible Walt

A few years back I had a bad back and a friend recommended that I see a chiropractor. To cut a long story short, I found one and he sorted by back out. On one of my visits I happened to be wearing a 202 Sqn (V) RE t-shirt as I was serving in the TA at the time. He took a genuine interest in this and told me about a mate of his who had served in the paras and had published a book. We chatted about the army both regular and reserve and about the paras in general but at no point did he mention that he himself had served. In fact he just seemed to have a very keen and genuine interest. Fast forward a good few years and my back has started to play up again albeit in a different area this time and my first thought was to make an appointment with the same chiropractor. I went on his website to get his contact details again and it had been updated. However in the biography section it mentions a career in the Parachute Regiment which as I have said earlier he never once mentioned. This sort of thing doesn’t normally bother me but if he has lied about serving in order to promote his business then that is where I draw the line. If he is genuine then no damage done and I will use his services again but if he is Walting then I will go elsewhere.

Anyways here’s the link - Dr. Graeme Massey | Manchester Chiropractor | Gonstead Family Chiropractic Clinic

Pulls up a chair, opens the pop corn, non alcoholic beverages in fridge.....

In any case, he smells like a fraud of a Dr also, so why not embellish being a Doctor as well as a soldier. I particularly liked this: "After a period in HM forces the Parachute Regiment i Decided that i needed to embark on a professional career"

oooh you bitch.

Last edited:
A few years back I had a bad back and a friend recommended that I see a chiropractor. To cut a long story short, I found one and he sorted by back out. On one of my visits I happened to be wearing a 202 Sqn (V) RE t-shirt as I was serving in the TA at the time. He took a genuine interest in this and told me about a mate of his who had served in the paras and had published a book. We chatted about the army both regular and reserve and about the paras in general but at no point did he mention that he himself had served. In fact he just seemed to have a very keen and genuine interest. Fast forward a good few years and my back has started to play up again albeit in a different area this time and my first thought was to make an appointment with the same chiropractor. I went on his website to get his contact details again and it had been updated. However in the biography section it mentions a career in the Parachute Regiment which as I have said earlier he never once mentioned. This sort of thing doesn’t normally bother me but if he has lied about serving in order to promote his business then that is where I draw the line. If he is genuine then no damage done and I will use his services again but if he is Walting then I will go elsewhere.

Anyways here’s the link - Dr. Graeme Massey | Manchester Chiropractor | Gonstead Family Chiropractic Clinic
1536811282734.jpeg

His Doctorate certainly wasn’t in English! His biography is full of grammatical errors and typos which raises suspicions; moreover he’s a bit thin on the details of how he became a ‘Dr’. He certainly drops names in his bio; forget about his alleged time in the Paras - I would be more interested in teasing out his UK recognised professional qualifications.

Pulls up a chair, opens the pop corn, non alcoholic beverages in fridge.....

In any case, he smells like a fraud of a Dr also, so why not embellish being a Doctor as well as a soldier. I particularly liked this: "After a period in HM forces the Parachute Regiment i Decided that i needed to embark on a professional career"

oooh you bitch.
I'm more concerned about grammar and typos.

I think the OP has a fair point. I couldn't give a toss about sad individuals who try to make friends with bullshit however line is crossed when it becomes a business tool and even more so in what is supposed be a medically regulated industry. I recently was on the wrong end of a blag - chap we quoted for claimed to have lost his legs in Afghanistan and I authorised a trade price deal for him - knocked a pretty considerable sum off. On fitting one of the neighbours casually mentioned about the bloke's car crash and it turned out he used to be a cadet leader. Not really much I could about it as he had paid up and the product was made and in process of fitting, pissed me off no end though.

His Doctorate certainly wasn’t in English! His biography is full of grammatical errors and typos which raises suspicions; moreover he’s a bit thin on the details of how he became a ‘Dr’. He certainly drops names in his bio; forget about his alleged time in the Paras - I would be more interested in teasing out his UK recognised professional qualifications.
Not sure you need them to call yourself a chiropractor, thats why attending seminars constitutes training courses. I thought they were just a piss up after listening to a lot of sales pitches!

Your biggest problem is that you go to a chiropractor.
Did he tell you that you have a tilted pelvis by any chance?

I don't think these few words "After a period in HM forces the Parachute Regiment" constitutes talking about a career in the Para's, I also don't think he is using that to promote his business/practice.
If it bothers you all that much about his qualifications in general then it's not rocket science to check, google knows all(well nearly all) have a word with these people.

GCC

If the guy is genuine then you owe him an apology.

His claim to be a black belt in karate at 15 is also a bit suspect, unless it is really easy to pass the gradings as a junior.

I don't think these few words "After a period in HM forces the Parachute Regiment" constitutes talking about a career in the Para's, I also don't think he is using that to promote his business/practice.
If it bothers you all that much about his qualifications in general then it's not rocket science to check, google knows all(well nearly all) have a word with these people.

GCC

If the guy is genuine then you owe him an apology.
You make a very good point and he doesn’t play on his military background; however the bio in totality is a bit suspect.

He spells like a para so I think he's gen.

The clue to his medical qualifications comes from his account of travelling around north and south America.

His claim to be a black belt in karate at 15 is also a bit suspect, unless it is really easy to pass the gradings as a junior.
Anyone who says they are a Black Belt in Karate screams 1980's film star wannabee (desperate), I have never heard it said genuinely in public.

However, if he were such a cnut then why doesnt he put letters after his name? Surely he could be Dr Walt, BSc (hons) as some sort of badge?

I got my letters from a weetabix promotion.

Interesting. Takes walting to a new level.

Is there a megawalt category?

I assume he is the Graeme Massey who was admonished by the GCC for common assault.

Over a quick cuppa:
  • I can find no evidence of him representing England in judo
  • Bangor does not appear to offer Kinesiology as a single or combined course
  • I can find no mention of “Gonstead President” on the AECC website
  • He might be a BBBoC trainer. It is a 1.5 day course and the boxing community regard it as “pay the fee, show up and you pass”.
So he appears to be a multi-faceted Walt. Why does nobody ever Walt as a slop jockey or a stacker - it’s always the Paras, Marines or three lettered branches.

He is certainly walting as somebody with medical knowledge. Backcrackquackery is snake oil to scalp the gullible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S ACF 80
R The NAAFI Bar 93
C Waltenkommando 138