possible VC winner?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spoon, Jul 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. deffo , the man has met all the criteria , and demands the utmost respect for his unflinching bravery under fire. hope he pulls through ok.

2. Same here the bloke deserve the ultimate respect

3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

A brave and caring man. I would take my hat off if I was wearing one.

4. i have just printed his story off , and hung it up in the tea room at work with the words
    "STILL THINK YOU'RE HAVING A SH*T DAY??"
    f**king civvies don't know they're born.

5. Yea I have that feeling with them most days. Just because darling little Cilla cried in the night they think the world is going to end :evil:

6. its amazing what a bit of pure rage will make you do.......my best mate was the OC Argylls in the shit when these guys turned up and will probably cite him as well.......top bloke

My thoughts are with his family....i sincerely hope he pulls through! :roll:

7. What a fantastic display of bravery!!

Thorughly deserving of the ultimate accolade.

Hope he pulls through and recovers fully.

8. Thoughts with his family at his bedside. Were there another injuries???

9. fantastic courage shown and definately deserves a gong.

But, do you not have to be in declared hostilities for the award of as VC? and reading the news clip, this occured after the cessation of hostilities was declared by the World King Bush, probably highest gong he'll get is a George Cross, but thats not to be sniffed at, it still recognises the selfless acts of bravery by this bloke.

The highest honour the US gives out is the Congressional Medal of Honor, its dished out like smarties and is the equivalent of a UN Cyprus medal.

10. Absolutely fantastic performance from the Grenadian, I really hope and pray he pulls through and gets well soon.

If it happens ,it would be the first VC awarded to a Caribbean Soldier since the 19th Century, and ironically, both of those were for saving wounded Officers from certain death I believe.

Absolutely outstanding. I understand there are other members of PWRR up for serious gongs too.

11. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I think this would probably qualify as it is a conflict zone. I don't believe it has to be a declared war, but bravery in the face of an enemy and in this day and age the term "enemy" is a fluid one.

in saying that.... wow! And I bet he'd do it all again too, you just don't realise the strength of the human spirit until you feel humbled by the likes of this guy.

12. deserves the highest, but knowing the Army and the way COs have trouble in writing people up for things that they themselves havent got, he'll probably get a Commanders commendation certificate :roll:

but good on him, lot of lads still breathing thanks to him.

13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Anyone living in WGC has plenty to complain about !!
    ( Ah, land of youthful hopes...I just love the scent of shredded wheat in the morning...smells like....VICTORY!)

14. Outstanding what acts of bravery i will raise my pint to him and his family in the bar tonight and pray for a safe recovery, all the best mate.