Possible to reserve a place?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Azza87, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to join to army as an electrician but don't have the GCSE's needed to do it.
    I'm going back to college this September for a year and doing my maths, english and physics GCSE so i meet the requirements to join.
    But i don't wana do all this for a year and find out somethings changed, or theres no spaces.
    I was wondering if its possible to reserve a definite spot doing the job i want to do in the army or does it not work like that?
    im asking this because i dont want to waste another year of my life trying to get in (just done first year electrician but isnt enough to get in)

(editted for the guy below, i hope it doesnt seem confusing now) :)
  2. No is the answer

Barb basic skills and medical are all valid for a year so do them now and when you finish your half way there already.
    RE Electrician is over booked as it is, I have guys waiting till next May for there intake dates
  3. What's the guarantee you pass you exams?

A place could be reserved for you, stop someone qualified from getting in and then you nose dive - no place for qualified bloke and you're still not ready.

I'm not suggesting you will fail (and hope you don't), but that is why jobs have required qualifications - to help reduce the number of applicants to a managable level.

Every man and his dog wants to go SAS, but do you think I have a place reserved for me, waiting for me to do selection, that means they are a man short waiting for that day. Nope.

do the BARB and GTI tests, get a list of trades, tell them you are on the course and they will say "get the grades, come and join then/join the waiting list to join the job then".

Good luck fella.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have my Guaranteed vacancy cert for IJLB issued in 1981!
  5. for fucks sake theres always something stopping me, they have to wait 7 months ?!?!?!
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.