ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Possible to reserve a place?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Azza87, Sep 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to join to army as an electrician but don't have the GCSE's needed to do it.
    I'm going back to college this September for a year and doing my maths, english and physics GCSE so i meet the requirements to join.
    But i don't wana do all this for a year and find out somethings changed, or theres no spaces.
    I was wondering if its possible to reserve a definite spot doing the job i want to do in the army or does it not work like that?
    im asking this because i dont want to waste another year of my life trying to get in (just done first year electrician but isnt enough to get in)

(editted for the guy below, i hope it doesnt seem confusing now) :)

2. No is the answer

Barb basic skills and medical are all valid for a year so do them now and when you finish your half way there already.
    RE Electrician is over booked as it is, I have guys waiting till next May for there intake dates

3. What's the guarantee you pass you exams?

A place could be reserved for you, stop someone qualified from getting in and then you nose dive - no place for qualified bloke and you're still not ready.

I'm not suggesting you will fail (and hope you don't), but that is why jobs have required qualifications - to help reduce the number of applicants to a managable level.

Every man and his dog wants to go SAS, but do you think I have a place reserved for me, waiting for me to do selection, that means they are a man short waiting for that day. Nope.

do the BARB and GTI tests, get a list of trades, tell them you are on the course and they will say "get the grades, come and join then/join the waiting list to join the job then".

Good luck fella.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have my Guaranteed vacancy cert for IJLB issued in 1981!

5. for fucks sake theres always something stopping me, they have to wait 7 months ?!?!?!

6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.