'Possible prosecution' over fake Mirror photos

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Sep 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

2. On what basis?

Conning that prat Morgan? Misuse of Army property?

Can you see any charges really sticking. I will admit to being completely out of touch with military discipline so would be really interested to see what they do them for.

What was it - section 69 of the Army Act 'conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline'?
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I think you chaps forget the WW2 CWGC graves vandalised in Iraq with copies of the pictures from the Mirror plastered all over them. Graves that weren't touched in 60 years smashed courtesy of these little shits and that big shit of an editor.

Throw the book at them and the key in the opposite direction.
  4. oh, did anyone read on Tuesday (i think) that Moron has gotten a £1 million plus payout for RESIGNING :evil: :evil:

The man is a royal F*CKWIT and deserves a night visit by some Lanchashire Lads
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Out of interest, anyone know where he lives? I guess it isn't public domain or anything, but it could be if YOU know! I'd like to send him a letter.
  6. Bear in mind that the fukcwits who faked these pictures sold them to The Mirror knowing they would be shown all over the world and especially in Iraq and the Middle East.
    The shock impact that the photos had contributed to the worsening situation in Iraq and who knows the final cost in terms of injuries, lives and the reputation of the british squaddie abroad- knocking back any progress made with hearts and minds.
    When these fakers realised the impact that their hoax was having in Iraq did they rush forward with their hands up and admit their tomfoolery? NO! They continued to allow the Iraqis to think the worst.
    They may just as well have put a few rounds into their mates. TRAITORS :evil:
  7. Sorry Arfur,

Even a hint of leaves us open to action if something untoward (God forbid :twisted: ) should happen to the individual.
  8. you're no fun PTP :twisted:
  9. OK, fair enough, Chief. I apologise.
  10. Fraud - or conspiracy to commit fraud - would be a good start: the Mirror bought the pictures because the knobs who faked them told them they were genuine. Military charges would be more difficult if they weren't on duty at the time: as I recall, military law doesn't apply to off-duty TA soldiers.
  11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

What happened to these blokes?? This one went very quiet.